• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

froginmn

I think we are all missing a very important positive to this whole story. People lament that we won't have exposure to Houston recruits at our practices, but recruits going to watch Baylor's practices before their game can only improve our recruiting.
noobaylor.0.gif

YA

Both teams 8-1 in conference. Baylor won the head to head, but TCU was the "better team". How did you come up with that conclusion?
We won our bowl game and as usual we ended ranked higher. Has baylor ever been ranked in the football top 10 to end the season??

Finally, once the NCAA is done with baylor, the game you barely won will be vacated and will show up as a loss for baylor.

Les3

Easy.

TCU was 12-1 and finished ranked #3 in the country.

Baylor was 11-2 and finished ranked #8 in the country.
TCU won their bowl game, and Baylor did not...I get that. But when 2 teams are 11-1 and 8-1, and one team beat the other...

Never mind...

Mean Purple

TCU won their bowl game, and Baylor did not...I get that. But when 2 teams are 11-1 and 8-1, and one team beat the other...

Never mind...
TCU was playing better ball as the season went on. Everybody saw that. The committee played politics at the end because they were looking for anything to put the suckeyes in. But when it got to the end of the season, TCU was just simply playing better football.

and baylor covered up rape

SwissArmyFrog

Both teams 8-1 in conference. Baylor won the head to head, but TCU was the "better team". How did you come up with that conclusion?

I think some of the general justifications for ranking the Frogs higher (or, better) were

- the loss to Baylor was in Waco, and the only time Baylor led happened on the game's last play. I think this cause many to feel that while Baylor won, TCU was not looked at as inferior.
- Baylor then lost at West Virginia, while TCU won at West Virginia.

Naturally, the biggest reason for the final rankings was how our bowl games turned out. Baylor couldn't hold on vs. MSU, and TCU absolutely thrashed Ole Miss.

OTOH, the 'committee' did have Baylor ranked just above TCU at the end of the season, before the bowl. Prior to the bowls, you would have arguments for both sides. After the bowls, I think very few would have ranked Baylor higher than TCU.

sdfrog

Please provide proof that your account is true.

I can prove conclusively how this went down because I am not a robot, as confirmed 7,487 times in a row by Captcha.

Quick, no thinking. You, a bunch of Texans, just won a free trip for the day after Christmas. Phoenix or Houston?

The Big XII was good for football and athletics. It sucks for people who like to travel AND watch Frogs.