• The KillerFrogs

TCU opens +2.5

Ron Swanson

I trust Ron on point spreads
Here is what I saw ...

I don’t know the accuracy of this vs what the OP posted though.

I do know that if either of these lines is accurate, the bookmakers are taking our injuries (most notably Muehlstein) heavily into consideration. Just going by the Sagarin rankings, we should be about 4 point favorite. So they’re saying that external variables are worth 4-6 points.

CountryFrog

Wouldn't be surprised at all for us to be a slight dog with all the injuries, especially at QB. We're one hit away from Reagor taking direct snaps every play.

That said, Cal is extremely beatable. They may actually have a worse offense than we do, even with all our injuries. We'll probably be looking at a game like we had against KSU or ISU. I don't bet on games but if I did then I'd probably take whichever team is getting points.

BigPurple87

Here is what I saw ...

I don’t know the accuracy of this vs what the OP posted though.

I do know that if either of these lines is accurate, the bookmakers are taking our injuries (most notably Muehlstein) heavily into consideration. Just going by the Sagarin rankings, we should be about 4 point favorite. So they’re saying that external variables are worth 4-6 points.

Muehl isnt hurt

cheese83

Did Cal have a bunch of injuries? They lost to UCLA (3-9), Zona (5-7), Oregon (8-4), Wazzu (10-2), and Stanford (8-4), yet they beat Washington (10-2).
Seems like a real up and down team.

Double V

Quick pass through and I think every SEC team is favored in their game. 8 game schedule and they set their own bowl schedule - they are doing it right.

We must be looking at different lines, because here is what I see in the games the SEC chose (i.e. not CFP/NY6 games).

Vanderbilt (-2.5) vs. Baylor – Texas Bowl

Auburn (-3.5) vs. Purdue – Music City Bowl

No. 10 Florida vs. No. 7 Michigan (-6)

Oklahoma State (-7.5) vs. No. 23 Missouri – Liberty Bowl

N.C. State vs. No. 19 Texas A&M (-5.5) – Gator Bowl

Iowa vs. No. 18 Mississippi State (-6.5) – Outback Bowl

No. 14 Kentucky vs. No. 12 Penn State (-7) – Citrus Bowl