• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

funkytownfrog

Two more TCU football nuggets about this weak bowl decision. Gary, so far, is 0-2 in the desert in bowl games. The last time TCU went to Houston and played a bowl, we had a sophomore quarterback who somewhat struggled through the season. TCU won that bowl game, Gary took the mike during the trophy presentation and somewhat apologized for that season to the fans that were there and ended it saying," We are getting back to Frog Ball next year" and then dropped mike and went back to work. That game was the spring board to the Fiesta and Rose bowls the following two seasons. Just saying for you superstitious coaches out there.

Go Frogs.

The Frogs played in the Poinsettia Bowl the year before the Fiesta.

CountryFrog

I just feel like a simple “my team is playing at 7:00 PM on the 26th, I’d like to watch it” should do the trick

Do you guys have formal suppers each eve?
Yea I'd just be telling my wife that I'm finding the closest sports bar at 7 on the 26th and that's that. She knew what she was getting into when she married me.

I don't tell her not to watch Survivor the 132 times per year that it comes on. So I get my 12-15 football games each year.

Dogfrog

I live exactly 4 miles from NRG Stadium and would have loved to had the Frogs in H-Town for Christmas. For whatever reason, they aren’t coming here.

It sucks for me, but it is what it is.

It’s certainly not a huge deal one way or the other for our football program though... some of y’all are making WAY TOO MUCH OF THIS

If you follow the bowl game threads over the years one thing stands out. Guys will wax eloquent about all the reasons we should go to bowl game X. What they leave out is that bowl game X happens to be in their home town.

MinFrog

To wrap up this thread, it sounds like we did in fact get screwed out of the Texas Bowl.

Now that we settled that. Shut it down and lets go home.

jake102

I just feel like a simple “my team is playing at 7:00 PM on the 26th, I’d like to watch it” should do the trick

Do you guys have formal suppers each eve?

Yes. Typically, we only see them twice a year so I handle it. They don’t live a couple hours away where we see them often.