• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Tom Brown

Well done, sir.

I love this site, it provides more amusement than a night at the circus. A month ago everyone on here was moaning the team would not get to six wins and be bowl eligible and recruiting would suffer. Miraculously, they did and now everyone is moaning about the bowl game they got and how recruiting will suffer. I think if some of you guys found a $100 bill on the ground you'd complain you really needed 5 twenties...nevertheless, don't stop the banter. I love this site.

TCURiggs

What did I miss?

200.gif

CountryFrog

I think there’s an equally strong argument to be made that the Frogs won the exact games they needed to in order get a higher order bowl. And given that the bowls can invite whoever they want regardless of W-L record, there’s now no guarantee a 7-5 Frog team wouldn’t have played in Tempe too.
There's obviously no guarantee no matter what but if we'd beaten Tech and Kansas like we should have then we're likely in San Antonio.

There's also the fact that TCU has not been an entertaining team at all for neutral fans to watch this season and we are now down to a 3rd string QB and RB. I'm not lobbying on behalf of the Cheez It Bowl but I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Memphis or Houston would've been soooo much better. I've never heard as many people extolling the virtues of the Houston Bowl until today and I just don't get it.

Ron Swanson

I live exactly 4 miles from NRG Stadium and would have loved to had the Frogs in H-Town for Christmas. For whatever reason, they aren’t coming here.

It sucks for me, but it is what it is.

It’s certainly not a huge deal one way or the other for our football program though... some of y’all are making WAY TOO MUCH OF THIS

dobbiesquad4

Tcu9397 I’m 93 and wife is 97 so we follow the frogs closely. We have a son who’s a freshman at UAB go blazers so yes I’m a blazer fan. I hear that it’s really not up to the conference but up to the Disney channel. For UAB on 12/18 there will maybe 500 UAB fans. I hate ESPN

Ron Swanson

We travel up north to the in-laws. Everyone comes in town and every second of every day is filled for the 5-7 days we are there. It's the one time a year everybody is in town so it's full tilt (and doesn't include football).
I just feel like a simple “my team is playing at 7:00 PM on the 26th, I’d like to watch it” should do the trick

Do you guys have formal suppers each eve?