• The KillerFrogs

Dickies Arena Question

rifram09

So, with the XFL allegedly coming to DFW, I started wondering whether Dickies Arena is set up to host football. I think not. In all of the press releases I haven’t seen football listed, but was curious if anyone knows whether that was possible?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star...columns-blogs/mac-engel/article222490625.html

In a related issue, it would be awesome for TCU to use Dickies as the home location for a TCU men’s and women’s hockey program. With that venue already paid for, how much would it cost to get those programs off the ground?

BABYFACE

So, with the XFL allegedly coming to DFW, I started wondering whether Dickies Arena is set up to host football. I think not. In all of the press releases I haven’t seen football listed, but was curious if anyone knows whether that was possible?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star...columns-blogs/mac-engel/article222490625.html

In a related issue, it would be awesome for TCU to use Dickies as the home location for a TCU men’s and women’s hockey program. With that venue already paid for, how much would it cost to get those programs off the ground?
Making ice is very expensive. Not sure if TCU can make the costs work for Hockey. Much more affordable to rent ice time from hockey facility in NRH.

BABYFACE

Interesting. Didn’t realize that.
I like your notion of TCU hockey. What is preferable is a multipurpose ice facility in FTW like over at NRH that can run youth and adult leagues mixed in with figure skating and free skate. TCU renting ice time for hockey in that scenario is much more economical.

lowfrog

Zamboni prices have skyrocketed...
But these will not be plain vanilla zambonies. They are going to be purple Horned Frog zambonies with big horns. If you install an extra seat or two on them, people will pay good money to ride them with the operator, which will help defray the cost. Plus, how cool would it be to have TCU mens and womens hockey teams in the Frozen Four?

But these will not be plain vanilla zambonies. They are going to be purple Horned Frog zambonies with big horns. If you install an extra seat or two on them, people will pay good money to ride them with the operator, which will help defray the cost. Plus, how cool would it be to have TCU mens and womens hockey teams in the Frozen Four?
TCU hockey is a club sport. Not NCAA sanctioned. TCU does not play for an NCAA hockey natty.

BigPurple87

Lol we can't even fill up our football stadium. TCU hockey?