• The KillerFrogs

Week 13 other games

Moose Stuff

Fair enough. I just think it’s odd. I mean, there are a whole lot of Super Bowls where I couldn’t give a crap who wins...but it’s the Super Bowl, so I’ll watch it. I’ll catch the final round of the Masters when I don’t really have a horse in the race. Oh well, to each his own.

I rarely watch the Super Bowl either. Not at all an NFL guy. Outside of a TCU event the one sporting event that I’m for sure watching is the World Cup. Love the College World Series too.

Wexahu

This Sooner isn’t very bright

Nobody’s fan bases are very bright when it comes to these kind of debates. All they see is through their (insert school colors) colored glasses. As LVH said, the OSU-OU debate could be, and will be, ugly if both teams win next week. But only one team can go.

CountryFrog

The Ohio State/Oklahoma debate is about to get ugly. Probably the ugliest debate we will have seen since the playoff started.

In 2014 we were jobbed but our fanbase/Baylor's fanbase wasn't large enough to make it ugly nationwide and Baylor only had themselves to blame with their OOC schedule. There really wasn't any debate in 2015 or 2016. In 2017 it was between 1 loss non champ Alabama and 2 loss champ Ohio State but it wasn't that controversial.

This year though? 2 large fan bases, blue bloods, with similar resumes and not much separation between the two.
I'm sure we'll get plenty of fair and unbiased perspective from all the former Buckeyes who work at ESPN

Moose Stuff

Nobody’s fan bases are very bright when it comes to these kind of debates. All they see is through their (insert school colors) colored glasses. As LVH said, the OSU-OU debate could be, and will be, ugly if both teams win next week. But only one team can go.

That Piss and Vinegar guy seems smart.

Pharm Frog

Not so sure about that yet

LVH

Well, who do you think should get the nod if both OSU and OU win next week in ordinary fashion? By that, I mean they both win by 10-14 points.

No idea. Depends on what criteria the committee decides is going to be used this year, since it seems to change every year.

Both teams have valid points. What Oklahoma has going for them is that they will have beaten everyone they played and will have the better loss.

What Ohio State has going for them is they got a lot of style points today

In terms of OOC schedule, both teams played a [ Finebaum ] Pac 12 team(UCLA/Oregon State). I think Tulane > Florida Atlantic and Army > TCU but not by much in both cases.

Oklahoma has road wins over West Virginia and Iowa State. Ohio State has road wins over Penn State and Michigan State. Both are about even with perhaps a slight lean toward Oklahoma's road wins.

Both teams had a lucky escape win. Maryland and Army.

I think the bottom of the Big 12 is better than the bottom of the Big 10, so beating Kansas and Kansas State and Texas Tech > Rutgers and Indiana and Nebraska.

What Oklahoma is missing is a huge win over a Top 10 team like Ohio State had today.

This is a total crapshoot.

MTfrog5

No idea. Depends on what criteria the committee decides is going to be used this year, since it seems to change every year.

Both teams have valid points. What Oklahoma has going for them is that they will have beaten everyone they played and will have the better loss.

What Ohio State has going for them is they got a lot of style points today

In terms of OOC schedule, both teams played a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] Pac 12 team(UCLA/Oregon State). I think Tulane > Florida Atlantic and Army > TCU but not by much in both cases.

Oklahoma has road wins over West Virginia and Iowa State. Ohio State has road wins over Penn State and Michigan State. Both are about even with perhaps a slight lean toward Oklahoma's road wins.

Both teams had a lucky escape win. Maryland and Army.

I think the bottom of the Big 12 is better than the bottom of the Big 10, so beating Kansas and Kansas State and Texas Tech > Rutgers and Indiana and Nebraska.

What Oklahoma is missing is a huge win over a Top 10 team like Ohio State had today.

This is a total crapshoot.
Michigan State would be 4-8 at best in the Big 12 this year. They could have lost 4 more games this year than they did