• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Wexahu

6’5 250? I mean kids do grow and put on weight but I can’t imagine someone continuing to be athletic and effective as a tackle after putting on the 70 lbs he’ll need to compete at the D1 level.

If he's really 6'5" I could easily see that. All depends on the frame, but I think that happens quite a bit with kids that tall almost naturally gaining 50+ pounds in a relatively short amount of time.

Ron Swanson

6’5 250? I mean kids do grow and put on weight but I can’t imagine someone continuing to be athletic and effective as a tackle after putting on the 70 lbs he’ll need to compete at the D1 level.
Happens all the time

Depends on the kid’s frame obviously but I’m sure the coaches took that into consideration

tetonfrog

Give him a redshirt year and let him grow as a frosh and soph. He would be ready to play as a junior and be a strong 5th year senior.

Eight

know a guy who as a junior in high school weighed 245, his senior season he weighed 282

lsu were dumbshits and offered him a scholarship that was a waste because he was only a 2 time all american

steelers were even dumber because this reach as a high school junior only was a 6 x all pro selection and only made 9 pro bowls

yep, no way to gain that weight, continue to be effective, and be able to compete at d1 level

froginmn

Jalen Suggs attends my high school and plays on a cooperative team with two other schools, still at level 4A of 6.

He's a top national basketball PG recruit but also getting football attention and reportedly visited Alabama.

Would be a dream but if he wants to try playing both sports TCU could have the resume.

OK it's a pipe dream but watch the off balance throws he made and the show he put on in the state championship game.

CryptoMiner

Longview QB Haynes King 6-3/185 Coaches son

"enters the third round of the postseason with a 69 percent completion marks and a 35-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio in 204 pass attempts. King has 2,823 passing yards as well as 30 carries for 315 yards and five touchdowns."

Insider: Lobos' King picks up offer from Horned Frogs

https://www.news-journal.com/blogs/...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Another East Texas offer that has gone under the radar but his recruiting is picking up is 6-8/280 OL from Athens Garrett Hayes. Offers include Tennessee, Arkansas, Baylor and Oklahoma as well as TCU.

Garrett Hayes Athens TX 6’8” 280 4.8 40 1650 powerlifting

CryptoMiner

Canadian OL/DT getting TCU interest:

Tyrell Lawrence 6-8/375 at Burlington Ontario's Clarkson North

His team regularly plays teams from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and other US programs.

For those of you who do not like video of a big OL pancaking little guys do bother...problem is everyone is a little guy to him