• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

MAcFroggy

Does “played in the local market of the home team” potentially mean the game won’t be played at the home team’s arena but somewhere nearby?

Yeah, I assume it means Villanova could chose to have their game played at the Wells Fargo Center, St Johns could chose to have it as MSG, KU could chose to have it at the Spring Center, etc.

It is probably more in place for the big east teams. A lot of them have home arenas, but also have local arenas they play for some of their bigger games. Nova and St Johns stand out in that regard.

LVH

Hope we can replace Vlad's offensive production. What made him even more lethal was the fact he was one of our best free throw shooters so he couldn't be hacked down low

I'm also hoping Kenrich's rebounding isnt irreplaceable. Best rebounder in team history, need to replace that rebounding production

MTfrog5

Hope we can replace Vlad's offensive production. What made him even more lethal was the fact he was one of our best free throw shooters so he couldn't be hacked down low

I'm also hoping Kenrich's rebounding isnt irreplaceable. Best rebounder in team history, need to replace that rebounding production
I agree especially about Kenrich. I’m not so worried about replacing Vlad on offense as I am defense. He was a very good shot blocker. Going to be a fun year with some possible inexperience situations. Hopefully by March we will be full throttle

4th. down

Who can replace Vlad in the post is going to be our biggest question. Have heard that Alok is a pretty decent shooter but can he pass as well. We have questions for sure but we thing I believe we know is this is an extremely talented squad.

Yes, but very young. Hopefully we hit our stride beginning Big 12 Tournament play. It's going to take that long to find out who our players are and the right chemistry for the starting 5.

TCUdirtbag

Not an insider but was told that the team may struggle early as they try to find the right rotations. Firmly believe that we will be very good come March.

Reasonable expectation given how young/inexperienced the majority of the roster is and Fisher's questionable availability the first few weeks. I'll take Ws however we can get them in November coupled with some progress each week. Get to 6-0 and avoid any bad NET/RPI losses and hope we're starting to click come December with trips to SMU, USC, and Hawaii and ready to jump into the grind in January.

Will point out the first two games are can't-lose. But Lipscomb and Fresno State had RPIs right around 100 last year (better than SMU, actually), not knowing anything about their rosters, I'd assume those won't be pushovers.

Farmfrog

Was talking to a guy way more knowledgeable than me and he thinks Fresno, Lipscomb and E Michigan will all be contests to make us better. First two should be gimmes.