• The KillerFrogs

Baseball Roster

FrogPreacher

I was looking at the baseball roster and there are only 20 players listed.
Of those 20 only 8 are position players. Is this truly the whole team?

LeagueCityFrog

I heard around 20 new players this year and a transfer starting Sunday pitcher. It will go Janseck(sp?), Lodolo, then on Sunday this transfer.

Pharm Frog

I will be remarkably pleasantly surprised if JJ is our Friday starter. I will be somewhat surprised if he is a starter in the traditional since. I don’t know anything about his situation and have heard nothing but just my thoughts.

rifram09

I recently looked at baseball recruiting and we were not even on the radar of the top 25. It seems like we have had near top 10 recruiting classes each year for the last 3-4 years, and now we’ve just dropped off. Does anyone know: (a) if I’m way off base here, and (b) if I’m not wrong, what is going on?

frogtex

I recently looked at baseball recruiting and we were not even on the radar of the top 25. It seems like we have had near top 10 recruiting classes each year for the last 3-4 years, and now we’ve just dropped off. Does anyone know: (a) if I’m way off base here, and (b) if I’m not wrong, what is going on?

MLB draft has hit the Frogs hard the last two years....especially this past year.... most of those rankings don’t take into account Junior College players I believe

frogtex

I don’t think they ever publicize the roster until after fall practice since CJS always has to make cuts at the end of October

Moose Stuff

Others have touched on it already but I’ll just reenforce here that the 2018 class lost it’s 4 best guys to the early rounds of the draft and was also a small group. Just like with football the bigger classes get higher rankings. TCU brought in 7 HS kids while pretty much everyone in front of us was in the mid teens or higher. Of the kids we did get I think Porter Brown will be a good player and Marcelo Perez should make an impact on the mound at some point. I think we signed 7 (or more) JUCO guys as well and they don’t impact the rankings that have been linked in this thread.

Last edited:

rifram09

McFroggin

MLB took our best recruits, so it’s a very down year. It’ll be a rebuilding type of year in baseball like football.

flyfishingfrog

MLB took our best recruits, so it’s a very down year. It’ll be a rebuilding type of year in baseball like football.
I don't really think bringing in more JUCO guys than can all play at one time is rebuilding - if they can't contribute immediately, then they won't be here long enough to be part of "rebuilding" - its either win now or we are just trying to avoid being terrible

McFroggin

I don't really think bringing in more JUCO guys than can all play at one time is rebuilding - if they can't contribute immediately, then they won't be here long enough to be part of "rebuilding" - its either win now or we are just trying to avoid being terrible

However you want to spin it, don’t expect better than last year.