• The KillerFrogs

FWST: To sell suites, TCU gave itself the 2018 national title, Aggie style. And it worked.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
To sell suites, TCU gave itself the 2018 national title, Aggie style. And it worked.

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

Move over Texas A&M.

According to TCU, the Horned Frogs have won national championships in 1935, 1938 and now 2018.

Can’t wait for the banner to be unveiled.

According to the renderings for the new East Side stadium expansion that is currently underway at Amon G. Carter Stadium, the artist who drew up the colorful plans went all-in on the sales pitch and gave the Horned Frogs the title this season.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article219720180.html

BleedNPurple

That drawing was before the season began. It is salesmanship - the Banner doesn’t really exist - unlike what the Aggies have done. Slow news week for Muck.

LSU Game Attendee

Mac would have a point if TCU put "2010 National Champions" up in AGC because TCU received first place votes in the final AP and Coaches polls. TCU's retro claim (that TCU has the self respect to not attempt) would still be more defensible than those of the Aggies.
Texas Aggie:
17ye3famk8pabjpg.jpg

Oklahoma Aggie:
Oklahoma-State-puts-1945-National-Championship-on-Stadium-Twitter-OSUAthletics.jpg

froglash88

I give up. As long as we provide links to his crap on KF.c, I am going to start clicking on it as many times as I can every day. I could probably get him 1000 clicks a day.

Brog

He actually says in the article that TCU is"constantly teetering on the edge of bankruptcy..." Does anyone know what on earth he meant by that, and why he would have said it?

Last edited: