• The KillerFrogs

For the Robinson haters

Moose Stuff

SR may just not be a gamer yet or ever, as much as I hate to say it and wish that he was.. Or, as referred to earlier in the post, perhaps he's been playing badly because of an injury in the OSU game and that's when it all went downhill.. If he's out, let's see how he competes against JR and the Iowa kid next year..

You never know how a backup is going to do.. Collins did beat out Muehlstein who was a decent recruit, but our running game will have to help him out.. Speaking of, we were already rebuilding on the OL- losing Iwagwu and then starting a true Freshman is tough, but Harris did look okay at times out there..

Harris isn’t a true freshman.

Dusty

Collins is not going to be better than Robinson, and anyone who think he will be is kidding themselves. The coaches have been very clear that Robinson is better than Collins. It’s another Hill-Sawyer situation, where fans only think the back up is better because they haven’t seen him play.

With that being said, I don’t see the offense being much worse with Collins at the helm rather than Robinson. Our offense has scored 1 touchdown in each of the last two games, so it’s going to be hard to be worse than that.

It’s pretty clear that 2018 isn’t “our year” so Collins playing instead of Robinson won’t be that big from a 2018 perspective, but it will be a killer from a 2019 perspective. We desperately need Robinson to get playing time this year so he is ready to lead us to big things in 2019.

It’s extremely important that Robinson is able to play again in 2018. Getting Robinson experience and developing him as a quarterback is just as important as winning games this year this year. Yes he is raw and isn’t playing his best right now, but his potential is sky high and there is no limit to what he can do once he’s in his prime in 2019 and 2020. But missing the rest of 2018 would be a development killer and would set TCU back a year. 2019 is supposed to be our year, but that all changes if we go into the season once again inexperienced at quarterback.

Sorry but I disagree. Collins has three state titles and out played Robinson in the spring game. Patterson has said many times that it was to close to call who the starter should be. It was Cumbie that made the decision to play Robinson because he is a better runner. Considering the 8 turnovers in the last three games, I can't see Collins doing nearly as bad. This should not have been a throw away year, we have a very good team and should be undefeated. So fuss all you want, but I welcome seeing Collins.

Collins is not going to be better than Robinson, and anyone who think he will be is kidding themselves. The coaches have been very clear that Robinson is better than Collins. It’s another Hill-Sawyer situation, where fans only think the back up is better because they haven’t seen him play.

With that being said, I don’t see the offense being much worse with Collins at the helm rather than Robinson. Our offense has scored 1 touchdown in each of the last two games, so it’s going to be hard to be worse than that.

It’s pretty clear that 2018 isn’t “our year” so Collins playing instead of Robinson won’t be that big from a 2018 perspective, but it will be a killer from a 2019 perspective. We desperately need Robinson to get playing time this year so he is ready to lead us to big things in 2019.

It’s extremely important that Robinson is able to play again in 2018. Getting Robinson experience and developing him as a quarterback is just as important as winning games this year this year. Yes he is raw and isn’t playing his best right now, but his potential is sky high and there is no limit to what he can do once he’s in his prime in 2019 and 2020. But missing the rest of 2018 would be a development killer and would set TCU back a year. 2019 is supposed to be our year, but that all changes if we go into the season once again inexperienced at quarterback.

I honestly hope we have a recruit that's better than both of them. Because QB's rarely develop into stellar players. The great ones seem to have it from the get go. Sure SR might develop into a highly functional qb, but I don't see a stellar qb anywhere in SR.

HG73

Watched the ISU replay, when SR fumbled it was because the blitzer slapped the ball out of his hand. Slapped it out as he ran by. Slapped. Sheesh.

Wexahu

I honestly hope we have a recruit that's better than both of them. Because QB's rarely develop into stellar players. The great ones seem to have it from the get go. Sure SR might develop into a highly functional qb, but I don't see a stellar qb anywhere in SR.

Maybe so, but we saw an example of one with Boykin. He was light years better as a senior than he was earlier in his career. He looked borderline terrible at times in 2012 and 2013 and I don't think you can pin all of that on the offense we were running.

jake102

Watched the ISU replay, when SR fumbled it was because the blitzer slapped the ball out of his hand. Slapped it out as he ran by. Slapped. Sheesh.

Yep. That's probably my biggest issue with his turnovers, so many are so easy. They are INTs that he throws directly to the other team, or fumbles that are just careless. We've had to scratch and claw our way to get a few turnovers, and typically they have been on great plays. Robinson just gives them away

Maybe so, but we saw an example of one with Boykin. He was light years better as a senior than he was earlier in his career. He looked borderline terrible at times in 2012 and 2013 and I don't think you can pin all of that on the offense we were running.

Boykin was never as bad as SR. Boykins career turnover stats almost didn't equal what SR already has this season.

Bob

It took Andy till his senior year to really click.

Eight

He played plenty of QB his first 2 years.

Boykin played QB in 48 games

Played 24 games his freshman and sophomore years with 272 passes those years and qb ratings of 126.4 and 122.0 respectively

interesting because shawn's rating so far this year is 127 and change so he is ahead of boyin at this rate of his first full season