• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Longhorns vs #REJECTS

LVH

Iowa St. is going to be tough next week.

They didn't look great against Akron today.

We're going to be favored by 10 or so against them.

If the line were made today we'd still be a favorite over Oklahoma State.

The only games going forward that we would be a dog in would be Oklahoma and at West Virginia. Things can change but I think this is going a bit too far on the chicken little scale.

Mean Purple

Sorry, folks, but SR isn't ready for prime time. Great HS player, but he's not a man playing among boys anymore.

Plus, I can't back a quarterback who laughs on the sidelines after a turnover (during a multiple turnover performance).

Time for Collins to step up to QB1.
His mechanics are not so hot. Some of us have been mocked for mentioning that this season. Under thrown and late more than what you expect from a good qb.

Not sure why folks wanted to bench KH last year considering.

Also, some questions about coaching on that side of the ball. Both at the qb and rcvr end.

LVH

We were favored in this game. Just sayin'

Which we shouldn't have been. My spreadsheets had it at Texas -0.5. I have a policy never to bet against TCU so I didn't play it.

I think too much doom and gloom here. Turnovers generally are a law of averages thing, which usually regresses to the mean as the season goes on. We aren't going to go -3 or -4 in the turnover margin every game.

The 2 best defenses we are going to see this year are in the rearview mirror.

I still think an 8-4 season is very reasonable. To be honest the only game I would say we don't have a very good chance of winning is @ West Virginia but maybe Grier will be hurt by then. Even Oklahoma has looked vulnerable(Army is giving them a game as I type this)

LVH

We had a lot of skill people coming back this year, but with a new OL and QB we should have expected problems this year.

I said going into the year this was going to be a 2011 style season. Basically having to start over on the OL and QB just like after 2010. Rough start but we will find our groove in the 2nd half of the season.

We were 2-2 at this point in 2011 before reeling off 9 straight wins. Now the Big 12 is obviously more difficult than the MWC was in 2011 but we took major steps forward as the season went on which included beating a very good Boise team on their own field.

I wish I could go back to this point in 2011 and see what people were saying after the SMU game.

LVH

Not against Tech.

Come on man. We are going to be favored against them. There isn't a predicative metric out there, whether it be S&P, FPI, Sagarin, or my method that would put them as favorites. They'll most likely be 2-3 when they face us.

My own spreadsheet right now puts it at -13.5. No way does our performance today close that gap.

Volare

Predict the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] phrases uttered in the post game:

- Young team
- Losing is a disease
- Grow em up
- Knuckleheads
- that's a good team there

any others?

Mean Purple

Patterson on the radio. Pointing out how bad the turnovers hurt. Gotta get better on that side of the ball. When it is like this you cant work on the big things, you gotta work on the little things.

Brian mentioning that GP warned all week that turnovers would be very costly in this game and they we would need to force some turnovers and not give up any.

Denton points out that the turnovers were a key factor because it cost us 4 offensive drives with no points... while giving them points.

Denton - Does not matter who we play next week, this one will be about TCU. We need to get some things figured out.

FBallFan123

I still think an 8-4 season is very reasonable. To be honest the only game I would say we don't have a very good chance of winning is @ West Virginia but maybe Grier will be hurt by then. Even Oklahoma has looked vulnerable(Army is giving them a game as I type this)

I’m now concerned about any game TCU’s offense will have to put up considerable points in, including the now hard-to-come-by 2nd half points....which could mean OU, OSU, WVU, TT...at least.

Pharm Frog

We had a lot of skill people coming back this year, but with a new OL and QB we should have expected problems this year.

I expected some challenges which is why I predicted the season w v l as I did but I did not expect to have lobbed WR-around passes picked off and QB passes thrown between the numbers of opposing players when there was little to no pressure nor fumbles when an arm hits the back of your own blocker after a good strong run. Our O-line did not play well today but it has been far better than most thought for to this point. Personally I thought (and still think) that that unit will be fairly solid.

Latest posts