• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

netty2424

Was watching the show on espn last night called Training Days, basically Hard Knocks for college football. They're at Alabama and Saban was getting onto a guy for not doing a drill. He asked the kid why he wasn't participating and the kid replied he had an issue with his foot. Saban gave him a hard time saying if he can't do the drill, he can't play LB'r and if he can't play LB'r, they're going to find someone else who can.

Wonder if KL saw that?!?

MTfrog5

Was watching the show on espn last night called Training Days, basically Hard Knocks for college football. They're at Alabama and Saban was getting onto a guy for not doing a drill. He asked the kid why he wasn't participating and the kid replied he had an issue with his foot. Saban gave him a hard time saying if he can't do the drill, he can't play LB'r and if he can't play LB'r, they're going to find someone else who can.

Wonder if KL saw that?!?
If KL comes out in top, you’ll see a ton of coaches retire.

CountryFrog

Yet MMA and UFC seem to be getting more and more popular
Football is so popular that it really has nowhere to go but down. While MMA/UFC certainly have a dedicated and faithful following, they are still fringe sports relative to football, basketball, baseball, etc and have nowhere to go but up. The vast majority of people just don't give two craps about it. Right or wrong, that results in very little media attention for anyone who may oppose it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I feel like the end of the football we grew up playing/watching is slowly approaching. The sport in some form will probably still exist decades in the future but I’m not sure we’ll all still want to watch it.
The combination of the nanny state and helicopter parenting will lead to its undoing. The days of yelling at players as motivation to be better won’t last long. Little Timmy, at 6’4” 230, is too fragile for his parents to handle.

Zubaz

Yet MMA and UFC seem to be getting more and more popular
Due to the nature of the sport, football has a significantly higher risk of CTE than MMA does, at least based on our current level of understanding. MMA is actually relatively safe, interestingly enough.

Football has to change to respond to the brain injury thing. It just has to, in the same way it had to change in the leather helmet days before the forward pass when college kids were literally dying every year. But that's entirely separate from Listenbees "oh boo hoo they made me rehab my injury" complaints. It stinks that's he got injured, it stinks that his NFL career might have been stunted, but outside maybe some injury insurance I don't think that's gonna be where football sees the necessary long term changes.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
81dwzUZgbDL._SY450_.jpg