• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

Zubaz

Hitting a suited up football player is worse than hitting a woman? smh
That's not the comparison. Urban never hit anyone. His crime is covering for another.

Yes, assaulting someone, specifically a college student, is worse than keeping someone on staff that has domestic violence issues. Neither are good, but one is clearly worse.

CountryFrog

That's not the comparison. Urban never hit anyone. His crime is covering for another.

Yes, assaulting someone, specifically a college student, is worse than keeping someone on staff that has domestic violence issues. Neither are good, but one is clearly worse.
I don't think it's that clear cut. In Urban's situation there is a real victim suffering over an extended period of time. I don't think the football player who was hit one time (not very hard) by a 70 year old man can be considered a victim at all.

Obviously if it's apples to apples involving two victims of equal crimes then the person committing the crime on one hand is far worse than a person covering up a crime on the other hand. But these aren't apples to apples situations. I really think I would be more willing to forgive Urban Meyer for losing his cool in an isolated incident and taking a swing at a player (still a fireable offense obviously) than helping his coaching buddy get away with beating the crap out of his wife for 10 years.

Casey T

Not only did urban keep the coach on staff (against university policy and using state tax dollars), he also flat out lied about when asked about it. And confessed to lying in his long tweet. He can suck a bag of em

Frog-in-law1995

It’s amazing how the narrative has shifted to whether Urban reported it to his superiors. I don’t give two [ Finebaum ]s about that. It’s a dumb policy anyway. Urban Meyer kept a known wife-beater on staff. Even gave him a raise . And knew it was so wrong that he lied about knowing and said if he had known, he’d have fired him.

Zubaz

My prediction:
  • 2-3 game suspension, Meyer keeps his job.
  • Sizable donation to domestic abuse charity.
  • Further codified procedures from Ohio State on domestic violence accusations.

Eight

It’s amazing how the narrative has shifted to whether Urban reported it to his superiors. I don’t give two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about that. It’s a dumb policy anyway. Urban Meyer kept a known wife-beater on staff. Even gave him a raise . And knew it was so wrong that he lied about knowing and said if he had known, he’d have fired him.

he simply didn't keep him on the staff, urban brought him to ohio state after what had happen at florida and then failed to do anything beyond him "supposedly" reporting the incident in 2015 to superiors.

if in 2015 urban felt moved to do something beyond the least required standard he could have terminated smith, but instead kept around one of the best recruiters on his staff

jake102

Yeah I'm starting to feel like this ends in a two game suspension. Maybe they make it three just to avoid some backlash of him joining the team in time for TCU, but I doubt it.

He should be fired for sheer stupidity if nothing else. Why would a historically great coach stake his career on a very mediocre WRs coach? So stupid you wonder how much is really going through his brain outside of X&Os

Ron Swanson

Yeah I'm starting to feel like this ends in a two game suspension. Maybe they make it three just to avoid some backlash of him joining the team in time for TCU, but I doubt it.

He should be fired for sheer stupidity if nothing else. Why would a historically great coach stake his career on a very mediocre WRs coach? So stupid you wonder how much is really going through his brain outside of X&Os
They’re probably good friends, which makes things difficult.

Not saying it’s right, but having to fire a good buddy would be tough.

FrogLifeYo

I think they are friends but it’s likely more because Urbans mentor is the kids grandfather Earl Bruce.

Mean Purple

What about sending a fixer to pressure the victim to not press charges?