• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcujsauce

I admit to being completely ignorant as to who he is or his music. I heard he sold out Reliant and that's about all I know.

tenor.gif

I know you like Texas country, so I should be surprised by this, but then again, you are you, so I'm not surprised by your poor judgement.

MTfrog5

If some people on here aren't Cody Johnson fans, I can only assume they hate country music as a whole.
I can kind of understand it. I saw him pre Cowboy Like Me when there were about 50 people at Cowboys in Tyler so I’ve seen him grown to not being about to even play in Tyler anymore. He won’t ever beat Cowboy Like Me and has gone a little mainstream for some of the Texas Country people.

tcujsauce

I can kind of understand it. I saw him pre Cowboy Like Me when there were about 50 people at Cowboys in Tyler so I’ve seen him grown to not being about to even play in Tyler anymore. He won’t ever beat Cowboy Like Me and has gone a little mainstream for some of the Texas Country people.

He still features more steel guitar and fiddle than a lot of acts that are around these days, so I dig it.

tenor.gif

I know you like Texas country, so I should be surprised by this, but then again, you are you, so I'm not surprised by your poor judgement.

I just listened to the Cowboy Like Me record. I've heard a few of those songs. Didn't realize it was him or even the same guy. Not bad. 90s throwback. Several melodies were very Ty Walkerish but found a way to sound completely different so I dig that. It was ok. A few songs were meh but not horrible. I give it one thumb up and one thumb sideways.

I'm kind of in a dark period for music. I'm more likely to listen to Post Malone than Texas Country. I don't turn to the Ranch nearly as much as I used to. Got tired of hearing the same thing over and over. They run a spot where a caller says "what do I have to do to get you to play some Sturgill Simpson?" and I always reply with "wait 5 minutes." Nothing wrong with SS but I'd like some variety.

Edit: Clay Walker. Not Ty Walker. Lolz.

tcujsauce

I just listened to the Cowboy Like Me record. I've heard a few of those songs. Didn't realize it was him or even the same guy. Not bad. 90s throwback. Several melodies were very Ty Walkerish but found a way to sound completely different so I dig that. It was ok. A few songs were meh but not horrible. I give it one thumb up and one thumb sideways.

I'm kind of in a dark period for music. I'm more likely to listen to Post Malone than Texas Country. I don't turn to the Ranch nearly as much as I used to. Got tired of hearing the same thing over and over. They run a spot where a caller says "what do I have to do to get you to play some Sturgill Simpson?" and I always reply with "wait 5 minutes." Nothing wrong with SS but I'd like some variety.

Edit: Clay Walker. Not Ty Walker. Lolz.

Was about to ask when The Dancing Bear At First Base started a band.

Ron Swanson

Maybe cheap homeruns=Championships. You may be on to something.
I realize that a lot of people like yourself think that Minute Maid is this tiny hitters park, but you’re wrong...

https://amp.mlb.com/281955408-minute-maid-park-plays-like-a-pitchers-park.amp.html

I haven’t looked it up, but I’d imagine the Ballpark in Arlington (or whatever y’all call it these days) is more of a hitters park statistically than Minute Maid.

Sure there is the occasional cheap pop-fly homerun, but they’re few and far between. Because of the high fence along the left field short porch, it still takes a shot to get it out unless you happen to hit it real high and just far enough.

Minute Maid is such a better ballpark than that sweatbox y’all play in.

MTfrog5

I realize that a lot of people like yourself think that Minute Maid is this tiny hitters park, but you’re wrong...

https://amp.mlb.com/281955408-minute-maid-park-plays-like-a-pitchers-park.amp.html

I haven’t looked it up, but I’d imagine the Ballpark in Arlington (or whatever y’all call it these days) is more of a hitters park statistically than Minute Maid.

Sure there is the occasional cheap pop-fly homerun, but they’re few and far between. Because of the high fence along the left field short porch, it still takes a shot to get it out unless you happen to hit it real high and just far enough.

It will always be the Ballpark in Arlington. I think it’s interesting that the new stadium has a lot of similar aspects to Minute Maid. Gap to gap at Minute Maid takes a good shot to get it out so I do agree that it can play more as a pitchers park at times.

I never said it was a hitters park. I just said it yields cheap homeruns. Yankees Stadium has huge power alleys and it takes a blast to get it out but it gives up cheap shots down the lines.