• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

berryfrog95

First week of the season. Good luck finding tickets. Crystal Palace are at Fulham on 8/11 (the first premier league match at Craven Cottage in several years), and Man City are at Arsenal on 8/12. Either would be an amazing experience.

Thanks. I found the schedule as well. Looks like there are some tix for Arsenal/Man City.....that would be pretty sweet. 4pm game should be ok to bring 4.5 son?

dawg

Will be in London August 11-16.... any tips on a game to attend??

I'll second what Purp said about Craven Cottage, if you're looking for a match in London. The place should be absolutely rocking: Fulham have been out of the Premier League for a few seasons, and Palace are a London club so there's the added "local derby" aspect. Won't be as expensive as a trip to The Emirates for Arsenal - Man City, either.

I've been wanting to take a trip across the pond on a footy excursion for a while. We expect a full report.

Chongo94

Thanks. I found the schedule as well. Looks like there are some tix for Arsenal/Man City.....that would be pretty sweet. 4pm game should be ok to bring 4.5 son?

Second what Dawg says. But if you go watch the Arsenal game, which would be my choice for best quality viewing over ground experience, your son should be fine. Arsenal fans (for the most part) are more upper middle class and more subdued in general so fan issues and rowdy behavior usually seem less of an issue.

Tom Brown

I'll second what Purp said about Craven Cottage, if you're looking for a match in London. The place should be absolutely rocking: Fulham have been out of the Premier League for a few seasons, and Palace are a London club so there's the added "local derby" aspect. Won't be as expensive as a trip to The Emirates for Arsenal - Man City, either.

I've been wanting to take a trip across the pond on a footy excursion for a while. We expect a full report.

The Fulham-CP game is my vote, partially cuz Ful is my team but the London "derby" rivalry is the deciding factor.

Chongo94

Worth a re-post (EPL Prediction poll). I believe someone posted it in the WC thread:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ue-table-predict-how-the-20-teams-will-finish

Right now, the top 5:

1) Liverpool
2) Man City
3) Arsenal (too high)
4) Tottenham
5) Chelsea

Arsenal are way too high, and I’m an Arsenal fan ha. Spurs are too high...no new players yet, a lot of them tired from World Cup runs, I don’t see them making top 4 this year. Replace arsenal and spurs with ManU and Chelsea for me for the top 4.

Liverpool should win and Man City will be tough. Chelsea won’t win it but if they stay healthy they will finish top 4. Tottenham are usually slow starters but plenty talented and ManU just bites. Jose will screw it up.

frogmaddness

COYI!! West Ham have strengthened their squad as well as thei manager position and backroom staff. They have have realistic chance to end up in the top 7 which would be a tremendous turnaround after a disastrous campaign last year in which they flirted with relegation.

dawg

1. City (gag)
2. Allez Allez Allez
3. Spurs
4. Chelski
5. Arsenal
6. Man U

City are too strong and too deep to be caught this season, but I think Liverpool closes the final gap at the top to under 10 points. Spurs will push 'Pool for second. It's amazing how they have built with young talent; I read that their net transfer spend is only 50 million pounds total since Pochettino became manager (or half of Paul Pogba). Man U are in for the typical "Year Three Mourinho Wheels Falling Off" type of season.

Arsenal, it pains me to say, are at least one or two more seasons away from contending for a top four place again, let alone the title. We need further reinforcement in the back four and someone with spine and guts in midfield. They've allowed far too many soft goals the past few seasons. Lichtsteiner is a good addition, and I'm hopeful for good things from Papastathopoulos as well. Emery wouldn't have been my first choice as manager, but I think he will reinvigorate a squad sorely needing a new voice. Fifth is the ceiling for them this year, but I could easily see another 6th place finish.

At the bottom of the table, I'd like to see Fulham and Bournemouth stay up.

Chongo94

Tim Weah scored today in the Trophee des Champions game, his first official goal for PSG.

Charity Shield is tomorrow for those interested. Believe you can find it on ESPN3 maybe but for sure on that stupid ESPN+.

Frog-in-law1995

I believe so. Arsenal/City will be more contentious than the Spurs match I went to, but I didn’t hear a single cuss word the entire time. (Of course, it was the day after Christmas, so maybe everybody was in an unusually peaceful mood?)

Portland Frog

The EPL starts this weekend! Chelsea got worked by MC yesterday in the Community Shield game. Granted, they didn't have everyone on the pitch but good grief, Sarri has work to do.