• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

I've analyzed the Des tweets/responses way more than I should've this evening, but I had some time to kill. It's comical to me how the only "players" that have liked his anti-TCU tweet are a few guys who never played but transferred out (Dashawn Raymond, Rocket Ishmail Jr, and one or two more), yet a bunch of others, who actually played/are going to play, have liked/tweeted/retweeted in GP/TCU's favor. I guess they're just lying, as Des said they would be if they didn't agree with him. Meanwhile, Des' anit-TCU tweet has a bunch of likes/retweets from Baylor/OU/UT fans. Unfortunate.

Exactly what I’d expect TBH. We (myself included) get way too caught up sometimes in the “OMG someone put something bad on Twitter and everyone on earth is gonna see it and we’re gonna be totally screwed......” line of thinking when the reality is the only thing negatively impacted by Dez’s tweet is Dez. It literally doesn’t have one ounce of impact on our program.

Moose Stuff

Is this why we are getting drama queens?

Preferential treatment?

Sure, but it’s the preferential treatment BEFORE they ever get to TCU. I don’t see GP as a preferential treatment kind of guy when it comes to current players. Former players though are ABSOLUTELY subject to preferential treatment. Anybody on here think guys like Andy Dalton/LT etc.... don’t get access to some things that other former players might not?

Wexahu

Is this why we are getting drama queens?

Preferential treatment?

You've got 80+ kids on a team where, let's face it, for probably a lot of them football has been the primary source of their identify and self worth and all that stuff. And by and large they've been surrounded by people telling them how great they are since they were 10 years old. It's not surprising at all to me that a few kind of do some really immature stuff when it dawns on them that they are done with football and real life is about to start, and it hits them like a ton of bricks that it's not like what they thought it would be.

FrogCop19

You've got 80+ kids on a team where, let's face it, for probably a lot of them football has been the primary source of their identify and self worth and all that stuff. And by and large they've been surrounded by people telling them how great they are since they were 10 years old. It's not surprising at all to me that a few kind of do some really immature stuff when it dawns on them that they are done with football and real life is about to start, and it hits them like a ton of bricks that it's not like what they thought it would be.
This. All of this. Every step of their life they've been the best player at their position. As a middle school coach, I see kids that are head and shoulders above their peers, and when they get to high school, the success rate talent pool gets smaller. Same happens in college. The numbers go from millions in sports across the nation to around 1500 or so in the NFL.

And some just can hack it when they can't make the cut at the next level. "It *must* be someone else's fault, because im the best!"