• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

BABYFACE

He is on contingency. Potts is looking for a settlement. Vic and the Board don’t want to settle this one. It will be interesting to see how far into discovery/dispositive motions Potts will go. Costs will not be cheap.

This^^^.

Potts Law Firm miscalculated that TCU would settle and they thought they would get a fat settlement for themselves and KL. Instead, TCU is poised to go the distance. It might cost TCU more money in the short term, but it could save them a lot in the long term by showing they will not be bullied into settlements. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

YA

It appears that Judge Benson, CCL1-Dallas, denied the TCU parties' Motions to Transfer Venue and Plea in Abatement.

Potts Law Firm has designated a local member of their firm (Dallas) as Lead Counsel.

KL sent a document subpoena to the NCAA for all complaints regarding CGP.

TCU filed a Motion to Quash the Subpoena.

Stay tuned.
It is sad that she is a TCU alum that is trying to prove she will not be biased. Worst Judge by far in Dallas county and everyone on both sides of the aisle knows this to be true.

Eight

[ Finebaum ], after reading frog-in-law's link i did a google search and mother and child is she a trainwreck who is protected by straight ticket voting.

one thing i am certain after reading a few more articles is regardless the decision in her court because the process will be so flawed there will be innumerable reasons for an appeal

do have one question for the lawyers on board, is it true or simply urban legend benson based a ruling on her inability to find a document presented to her by an attorney and her lack of desire to look for said document. read that on a blog site and that has to be made up right?

MAcFroggy

It appears that Judge Benson, CCL1-Dallas, denied the TCU parties' Motions to Transfer Venue and Plea in Abatement.

Potts Law Firm has designated a local member of their firm (Dallas) as Lead Counsel.

KL sent a document subpoena to the NCAA for all complaints regarding CGP.

TCU filed a Motion to Quash the Subpoena.

Stay tuned.

Law idiot here... Why would Benson deny the motion to transfer if TCU sued in Fort Worth first?