• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ex-TCU QB Trevone Boykin was in the NFL 5 months ago. Now, he’s selling jewelry on Twitter

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Ex-TCU QB Trevone Boykin was in the NFL 5 months ago. Now, he’s selling jewelry on Twitter

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Trevone Boykin had a job in the NFL less than five months ago. Now he’s selling jewelry on Twitter.

The former TCU quarterback posted several tweets on Thursday, encouraging his followers to bid on everything ranging from a women’s tennis chain to five Rolex watches.

Boykin sold his shoe collection a couple months ago as well.

Boykin, 24, has resorted to selling jewelry after his football career came to a halt this spring. He was accused of domestic violence by a girlfriend, Shabrika Bailey, who alleged that Boykin broke her jaw during an argument.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article215575450.html

Punter1

1,000% shocked this isn't a Muck article. Either way...another BS article that really isn't news. There are a million other TCU related stories this iclown could have written instead...

No idea who this new writer we have is or what's his story (no pun intended)...but this isn't a good sign for things to come IMO. Lets just say no way in hell Jeremy Clark at 247 writes this article....

Pharm Frog

Didn't read the article so can't comment on the style or content but I don't see a problem with the idea for this article. Coming up on NFL training camps and a local boy who became the back-up QB to one of the NFL's best teams is doing something completely different during what should have been the prime of his career. I can see it as a viable topic and I'm likely the last person who would ever defend the state of journalism at the FWST. If the article was written purely for the audience on this board it would be ridiculously redundant and overkill for sure.

Pharm Frog

Guess it beats making license plates.

il_570xN.1009639094_hhcp.jpg

Moose Stuff

That story is absolute garbage. I loathe what constitutes “media” these days.

And don’t confuse that with me defending TB. He’s turned into a [ Finebaum ]. Or perhaps he’s always been one and I just looked past it.

MTfrog5

Didn't read the article so can't comment on the style or content but I don't see a problem with the idea for this article. Coming up on NFL training camps and a local boy who became the back-up QB to one of the NFL's best teams is doing something completely different during what should have been the prime of his career. I can see it as a viable topic and I'm likely the last person who would ever defend the state of journalism at the FWST. If the article was written purely for the audience on this board it would be ridiculously redundant and overkill for sure.
The issue I have with it is that Boykin has been doing this for over two months. Someone from the ST should have wrote an article then not a week before camp starts. This new beat writer could be breaking down the roster, giving a daily prediction on his thoughts on games etc. There is plenty of football material he could be writing.

Dogfrog

No human interest here, just rehash plus twisting the knife. Fwst plan seems to be keep doubling down on the Muck strategy with more Jayhawk pissants.

froglash88

1,000% shocked this isn't a Muck article. Either way...another BS article that really isn't news. There are a million other TCU related stories this iclown could have written instead...

No idea who this new writer we have is or what's his story (no pun intended)...but this isn't a good sign for things to come IMO. Lets just say no way in hell Jeremy Clark at 247 writes this article....

Do you think we can get Muck and this new writer to meet some FFFers at Frog Fountain so we can make some suggestions?:D

Last edited: