• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ohio State isn’t the concern for TCU. This is...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Ohio State isn’t the concern for TCU. This is...

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

FRISCO – The only reason to bet against TCU in ‘18 isn’t the new quarterback or it’s back-to-back games against Ohio State or Texas.

Nope, it’s an an offensive line that justifiably scares the heck out of most of the coaching staff.

Last season was the first year since TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012 that it had a Big 12-caliber offensive line. They were a huge reason why the Horned Frogs got to the conference title game.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article214953480.html

ShreveFrog

He contradicts himself at the end: That line, more than Robinson or those games against Bevo and Brutus, is the only reason not to worry about TCU in ‘18.

FrogLifeYo

He’s an idiot...Our talent level at the OL is better than its ever been. Does it need to grow up and gel quickly?...Ofcourse ....but we are going to fine by mid season..We just need to weather the early season storm..

MTfrog5

Jeremy Noteboom? Niang filled in for Morris at right tackle? Good gosh, most people would get fired for this quality of work.

And his assertion that this is the first Big 12 caliber OL is a joke. In 2014 we had Vaitai and Noteboom at OT (both in NFL), Pryor and Naff in OG (one in NFL) and Hunt at C (NFL)
They keep him and get rid of actual journalist, yet they wonder why their memberships have decreased

Moose Stuff

You can’t return an experienced line EVERY year. Every team in the country deals with this. Would I prefer to have last year’s OL back? Sure. Is what it is. Deal with it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I would submit that our o-line at the beginning of last season was executing beautifully, and just steamrolled some good teams. Sadly, injury broke it up.

Joe1000

He’s an idiot...Our talent level at the OL is better than its ever been. Does it need to grow up and gel quickly?...Ofcourse ....but we are going to fine by mid season..We just need to weather the early season storm..

When people discuss offense lines, why is it REQUIRED to use the word "gel?"

No offense Froglife, nothing personal. EVERYONE does it from coaches to media to fans. (It probably started with coaches and everyone else wants to project an air of authority and a high football IQ by emulating coach speak) It's like how you can't "place" the franchise tag on a player in the NFL. It has to be "slapped."

Wexahu

No offense Froglife, nothing personal. EVERYONE does it from coaches to media to fans. (It probably started with coaches and everyone else wants to project an air of authority and a high football IQ by emulating coach speak) It's like how you can't "place" the franchise tag on a player in the NFL. It has to be "slapped."

Ha! Kind of unrelated but on the same note, every time a new defensive coach comes in and installs a new system, it's always going to be an "aggressive, attacking system" that let's the players fly to the football. That's the one that gets me every time and has me rolling my eyeballs. I've never heard a coach say they're going to use a passive, read and react defensive system.

Mean Purple

With the amount of rotation on that line the past two seasons, those guys are likely more ready than many, even on this board, think.
Muck is not a great jounalist.

Deep Purple

You misunderstood. FrogLifeYo was referring to lineman hair products.

71Po2cttiYL._SY355_.jpg

asleep003

Fortunately, feel the basically greener OL has a good 2 game progression of games from Southern U to SMU prior the OSU, whereby we also do have an extra day to prepare.

However, as hard as SMU often played us in the past, might be the game we seriously could/should be one of major concern, being just prior to the featured OSU game.