• The KillerFrogs

You Make The Call

With the season fast approaching, I thought I would post a few questions to test rules knowledge. After a couple of days, I will then post the answer. Feel free to post your guesses. If F-I-L posts an answer, there is about a 95% chance he is correct.

Question No. 1
Team A has ball at B's 6 yard line. The game clock is stopped at 0:05. The game clock is then started on the Referee's signal. QB A15 quickly takes the snap and fakes a spike. He then throws a pass to A88 that is completed for a TD. The game clock expires during the down.
RULING:
A. Team A is penalized 15 yards for Unsportsmanlike Conduct (UNS) and the game is extended for an untimed down.
B. Legal Play

Wexahu

With the season fast approaching, I thought I would post a few questions to test rules knowledge. After a couple of days, I will then post the answer. Feel free to post your guesses. If F-I-L posts an answer, there is about a 95% chance he is correct.

Question No. 1
Team A has ball at B's 6 yard line. The game clock is stopped at 0:05. The game clock is then started on the Referee's signal. QB A15 quickly takes the snap and fakes a spike. He then throws a pass to A88 that is completed for a TD. The game clock expires during the down.
RULING:
A. Team A is penalized 15 yards for Unsportsmanlike Conduct (UNS) and the game is extended for an untimed down.
B. Legal Play

Legal play would be my guess.

BABYFACE

Is this a legal play?

The_Longest_Yard_5_7_Movie_CLIP_Ball_Breaker_1974_HD.gif

MAcFroggy

I know fake spikes are legal, but there might be a rule about performing a fake spike with under 5 or 10 seconds. I will go with legal play.