• The KillerFrogs

OT - Great movie lines/scenes

dawg

"Senator, You can have my answer now, if you like."

Pacino said more in this scene with his eyes and body language than with his words. Perfectly written. Perfectly directed. Perfectly delivered. I was watching the masterpiece of film one day when the wife sat down on the couch. She happened to peek up from her book during this scene and said, "That guy's getting killed, isn't he?" She had never seen either of the two "The Godfather" films (because there are only two real Godfather films) and had no knowledge of Michael or what would transpire. Yet Al Pacino communicated perfectly, verbally and non-verbally, in this scene.

Limp Lizard

"Senator, You can have my answer now, if you like."

Pacino said more in this scene with his eyes and body language than with his words. Perfectly written. Perfectly directed. Perfectly delivered. I was watching the masterpiece of film one day when the wife sat down on the couch. She happened to peek up from her book during this scene and said, "That guy's getting killed, isn't he?" She had never seen either of the two "The Godfather" films (because there are only two real Godfather films) and had no knowledge of Michael or what would transpire. Yet Al Pacino communicated perfectly, verbally and non-verbally, in this scene.

Brings up a question. When the Senator is confronted with the dead hooker, did the Corleones kill her or did the Senator, while drunk/drugged? I initially thought it was a Corleone hit, but then thought about the mythology of the Mafia only taking out other gangsters or enemies made me doubt it. She was an innocent as far as the Senator's war with the Corleone bunch. Or is it not important?

dawg

I always interpreted it that the Corleone's set him up, killing the girl after Gerry was drugged. In the scene where Tom Hagan comes to Sen Gerry's hotel room, Al Neri (Michael's enforcer) is seen in the bathroom.

Sen Gerry made it personal when he insulted Michael's family. "We are both part of the same hypocrisy, senator. But never think it appies to my family."

Bob Sugar

giphy.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
From ‘02, supposedly the Bond flick nobody liked or saw, bonus points for Madonna cameo line “I don’t like male chicken fights”
But I included it for the duel and the
“...since we’re upping the wager, let’s up the weapon as well. The old fashioned way—First blood from the torso.”