• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

FinanceFrog

I don’t see how it’s possible for a coach to FORCE a 22 year old man to play hurt. If KL played hurt it was by his choice.

i can - TCU and the coaching staff were in a position of power. KL alledges fhey wielded that power to coerce him to play quicker than his recovery called for.

you could make the same argument about sexual harassment victims. it was their decision to give into the harassment.

I’m glad we live in a country where people can’t have their day in court, especially the powerless against the powerful.

like it or not, KL has a case and that case deserves to be heard.

Froglaw

I don’t care if Mr. Potts is a fine attorney. Him pushing this case, makes him a snake in my book.

I'm sure people hated the minister and the lawyers who pushed Brown v Board of Education.

KL has an absolute right to bring this lawsuit.

I truly believe in our system that allows U.S. Courts to examine life in this country and evolve our laws to protect our way of life even if the majority disagrees.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Facts drive damages, not formulas. Leg can't anticipate facts.

Welcome back Steel.

All due respect, but BS. Set ranges for severity and egregiousness. A board could rule without having to give 25% to 35% to someone who’s job it is to drive up that percentage so he can make more money.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
i can - TCU and the coaching staff were in a position of power. KL alledges fhey wielded that power to coerce him to play quicker than his recovery called for.

you could make the same argument about sexual harassment victims. it was their decision to give into the harassment.

I’m glad we live in a country where people can’t have their day in court, especially the powerless against the powerful.

nK3QSu6.gif

netty2424

I just got beck to my desk.

My other hearing cancelled so I was able to hear most of the Listenbee arguments on the two Motions (Transfer Venue and Abate).

First, let me say both sets of attorneys understood the issues and made knowledgeable arguments.

Mr. Potts is an excellent attorney and Mr. Listenbee is well represented.

Judge Benson understood the issues and she asked pointed questions to both sides.

Second, I learned that Listenbee's case in Tarrant County was not abated. Listenbee is appealing to the Fort Worth Court of Appeals.

Judge Benson denied the TCU/Big 12 Motion to Transfer Venue.

She took the TCU/Big 12 Motion to Abate under advisement giving both sides 10 days to brief the concerns she had regarding Texas case law. Mainly, are there any cases that address the issue of a 24 hour filing difference for "Dominant" jurisdiction and does the issue of a non-filed compulsory counter-claim of a non-party in the first case have to be considered in determining "abatement" by the second Court.

Lastly, the Court seemed to understand the primary case against TCU in the Dallas Court is a question of CGP forcing KL to return to football before he was physically healed. This theory seemed to have some traction with Judge Benson.

Contrast the emphasis in Tarrant County (a contractual relationship between TCU and John Peter Smith Hospital System as a Declaration cause of action) and the Dallas County case where malfeasance is alleged against TCU and CGP.

My bet is that Judge Benson's decisions are going up on appeal to the Dallas Court of Appeals as well.

Note that TCU/Big 12 had approximately 12 lawyers in the Courtroom.

KL had Mr. Potts and that appeared to be it.

This case is far from over and will probably be going when the Class of 2022 graduates from TCU.
So for someone like myself who avoids courthouses/courtrooms, did anything go "TCU's way?" Or did the 12 TCU attorneys walk out tails tucked?

YA

Welcome back Steel.

All due respect, but BS. Set ranges for severity and egregiousness. A board could rule without having to give 25% to 35% to someone who’s job it is to drive up that percentage so he can make more money.
In your utopia fantasy--one could make the same ranges for many things--for example, the amount of $ sepnt
So for someone like myself who avoids courthouses/courtrooms, did anything go "TCU's way?" Or did the 12 TCU attorneys walk out tails tucked?
Nothing happened except the Judge, a TCU grad, asked for briefs on the proceedings to transfer the case to Tarrant County. If I was a betting man, she will rule against TCU/Big 12's motion to transfer venue and keep the case herself in Dallas County. She, for lack of better words, is one of the worst Judges in Dallas County and this is not good news.

netty2424

Nothing happened except the Judge, a TCU grad, asked for briefs on the proceedings to transfer the case to Tarrant County. If I was a betting man, she will rule against TCU/Big 12's motion to transfer venue and keep the case herself in Dallas County. She, for lack of better words, is one of the worst Judges in Dallas County and this is not good news.
Thank you. Are judges assigned cases, like next judge up? Or selected using specific criteria?

Prediction: This case will be the nail in the coffin for Mcdonald Sanders + TCU.

netty2424

How can a TCU grad be the judge involving TCU? Seems like there could be personal interest in how she feels about TCU good or bad
That was the reason for my question. Seems like a conflict of interest either way. Maybe that Potts dude knows she's a disgruntled grad so he wanted her specifically.

Not at all saying she is disgruntled, just hypothetically.

I'd imagine there's some palm greasing in these processes of "random assigning of cases."