• The KillerFrogs

Official World Cup 2018 Thread...

Eight

Regardless, the best athletes in our country play basketball, football and baseball and that will never change so soccer gets for the most part the lesser part of athletes, although these US soccer players are darn good athletes, just not the upper-crust in most cases. Can you image if LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, Ronnie Lott, Roger Staubach, Ozzie Smith, Kevin Durant had played soccer? Or anyone of that caliber. I rest my case and it is EMBARRASSING the US failed to qualify for World Cup. That and high school (non club) soccer is the only soccer I like.

tumblr_lugnamCtRP1r5md90o1_500.jpg

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Regardless, the best athletes in our country play basketball, football and baseball and that will never change so soccer gets for the most part the lesser part of athletes, although these US soccer players are darn good athletes, just not the upper-crust in most cases. Can you image if LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, Ronnie Lott, Roger Staubach, Ozzie Smith, Kevin Durant had played soccer? Or anyone of that caliber. I rest my case and it is EMBARRASSING the US failed to qualify for World Cup. That and high school (non club) soccer is the only soccer I like.
You are absolutely correct that it is an embarrassment that we didn't qualify... but it's a failure of our soccer program, not poaching by other sports.

Again, we should have 3 times the # of elite athletes available as Russia... 4 times as many as Germany. 5 times those of the UK, Italy or France, nearly 9 times as many as Spain, and about 30 times as many as real deal contenders Belgium or Portugal. There is only one true professional league in each sport in the US. Stands to reason that some kids who don't excel in the big 3 should have opportunities to try soccer.

finafrog

or Dirk Nowitzki for Germany! They'd be unbeatable, maybe would have even won the last championship.

Moose Stuff

what the hell are you talking about?

the problems with us soccer extend far beyond whether high school talent played in academies or for their high school teams and this is not a new problem

i believe it wasn't until the 80's in texas would the uil allow a soccer player to play for their high school if they played club soccer

He doesn’t know what he’s taking about any more than the rest of us know what he’s talking about.

dawg

Saudi Arabia, methinks, are not very good at association football. Rooskies hold on here, and they probably get out of the group.