• The KillerFrogs

Cards sign Luken Baker

MadFrog

Sad day. Luken was really good at TCU, but if not for those fluke injuries, he could have been GREAT. I wish him well and hope he works on his fielding since there is no DH in the NL. I wonder how much influence Carpenter had on the pick.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Sad day. Luken was really good at TCU, but if not for those fluke injuries, he could have been GREAT. I wish him well and hope he works on his fielding since there is no DH in the NL. I wonder how much influence Carpenter had on the pick.

Mayb he can help Carp get over the Mendoza Line.

tcumaniac

Congrats to Luken.

One of the most special players to ever wear purple. Such a bummer his last two seasons ended the way they did. Just doesn't seem right.

Leap Frog

Was hoping he would come back, but glad he signed with Cards. 800 big ones hard to pass on I guess.
Carp probably remained neutral, but probably glad to have another Frog aboard.
Carp is batting .232 (somewhat above the Mendoza) but will do better, if they quit trying to make a slugger out of him.
Cards also signed Mateo Gil (son of Benji) for 500 thou-- so Frogs get a double whammy.

Casey T

Does anyone with more baseball knowledge than me know when we can expect to see him playing in the big leagues based on his talent level? 2 years?

Leap Frog

Does anyone with more baseball knowledge than me know when we can expect to see him playing in the big leagues based on his talent level? 2 years?
Depends on a lot of things, but if he can hit major league pitching, he will rise fast. NL requires playing a position though.
I can say, the Cards have a pitcher who started in A ball this year, and is now an 8th. inning reliever for them.
Luken will probably start out in A, but he is already 21, so who knows how fast he may progress?