• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcujsauce

Found this little buddy in Big Spring back in 2015.

11888131_10101040342886494_1976521781011185975_n.jpg

11889606_10101040342926414_7704713231881750315_n.jpg

Last edited:

GeoFrog

We've rented a house on the Guadalupe next week. Any suggestions on tubing companies/which section of the river to float? Probably going to float the sections closer to the dam, but maybe we'll venture down to the Comal also? Don't know, trying to set some things up.

tcujsauce

We've rented a house on the Guadalupe next week. Any suggestions on tubing companies/which section of the river to float? Probably going to float the sections closer to the dam, but maybe we'll venture down to the Comal also? Don't know, trying to set some things up.

Comal is my favorite, we always do Landa Falls as they are the longest float on that river. The river stays around 72 degrees year round so it's a nice cool float during the summer.

ATC Frog

My avatar on this site is a horned frog I found on the trails near my house when I lived in Santa Fe. Was walking my dog when she took off after something. When I caught up to her, I found her sniffing something that turned out to be a fairly full-grown horned frog complete with blood near its eye. Apparently my scaredy dog was seen as a threat to that little guy. I’ll find the photo and post it in a non-thumbnail version in a minute.

Edit: forgot to post the photo. My bad.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Floating Frog Fandango (may the event Rest In Peace as of 2008 [I think]) used to gather & equip at Amigo Mel’s:

https://www.facebook.com/AmigoMelsTubes/

And side note, even if it’s just you and a lovely Lady, always get one more tube than your group number for the beer cooler to go in. Minimum 1 extra tube per group of 4. They have special tubes with small platforms in the hole for beer coolers. NO glass of any kind, bring plenty sunscreen & geek straps for your glasses & shades, multi bungee cords for your coolers, cheap straw cowboy hats from Walmart suggested as they probably won’t survive the float but you need some head shade. And either your oldest crappiest tennis shoes or the fully strapped on hiking sandals. NO bare feet. NO cheap flip flops.

Enjoy!