• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Back when I had game, I was playing in the City tournament out there, teeing off on that West-facing downhill par 3 near the clubhouse, when a jet roared by in my backswing. Backed off and waited. When I finally did start my swing again, another jet roared by. Hit it to about 2 feet and strutted a little.

Proceeded to lip out with force and missed the comebacker (which was about 3 feet) as well. Golf sucked a little that day.
I initially read this as you hit it two feet and then strutted. Which made me laugh.

SnoSki

Lemme guess, lotsa hands flying...

giphy.gif

Frog-in-law1995

So I started back at the gym a few weeks ago and it’s been interesting seeing just how weak I’d gotten. This morning was leg day (and unlike Oakman, I don’t skip...well, ok, but I didn’t today). Then had to park on the 5th floor of my parking garage at work and looked like an absolute moron trying to wobble down the stairs using the handrail. Even stopped on a landing to let an old guy with a cane pass me.

bleedpurple

So I started back at the gym a few weeks ago and it’s been interesting seeing just how weak I’d gotten. This morning was leg day (and unlike Oakman, I don’t skip...well, ok, but I didn’t today). Then had to park on the 5th floor of my parking garage at work and looked like an absolute moron trying to wobble down the stairs using the handrail. Even stopped on a landing to let an old guy with a cane pass me.
Don’t feel bad. At 37 in an oncology office I had a lady about 45, and clearly had cancer, open a door for me.... humbling to say the least.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Smart move. Get out of our way.

Us old guys can do a Cobra Kai-worthy leg sweep with a cane.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
USAF pilot joke
Only joke knowledge required, C-5 aircraft has (had) a unique high-pitch engine whine.

What’s the difference between a C-5 and a C-5 pilot?
Eventually, the C-5 will stop whining.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
USAF pilot joke
Only joke knowledge required, C-5 aircraft has (had) a unique high-pitch engine whine.

What’s the difference between a C-5 and a C-5 pilot?
Eventually, the C-5 will stop whining.

Had some F-4 drivers in line behind me at the O Club buffet line one day. The club had 2 sizes of salad plates marked $1.25 and $2.00. But then the sign on the salad bar itself said "All you can eat." They were having a discussion about which size to get, so I told them "It's all you can eat." Blank looks and more discussion. So I said again, "It's ALL you can eat." Blank looks and then the aha light came on. All I got in response was "Good intel."