• The KillerFrogs

Official World Cup 2018 Thread...

Moose Stuff

You may be right, but I don't think we've seen his best yet. I do agree he's got a lot of competition to break the line-up consistently, though.

I just don't know what he is yet other than extremely gifted with raw talent. I can see him excelling in a wing role in a 4-5-1 where he can run off people in space and show his ability 1 v 1. I can also see him as an attacking center mid in a 4-4-2, maybe even a 4-3-1-2. He's got ability that can help us; we just haven't figured out the best way to use it yet.

He could end up being another promising young guy that we never figure out how to utilize well. Maybe he just never gets it.

ETA: I also really like Wood and Morris up top. I don't think I love them together, but I like what each brings with a smaller sniper playing off of them.

Not a huge J Mo fan, just not real pleasing to watch. I do like Wood

Chongo94

You may be right, but I don't think we've seen his best yet. I do agree he's got a lot of competition to break the line-up consistently, though.

I just don't know what he is yet other than extremely gifted with raw talent. I can see him excelling in a wing role in a 4-5-1 where he can run off people in space and show his ability 1 v 1. I can also see him as an attacking center mid in a 4-4-2, maybe even a 4-3-1-2. He's got ability that can help us; we just haven't figured out the best way to use it yet.

He could end up being another promising young guy that we never figure out how to utilize well. Maybe he just never gets it.

ETA: I also really like Wood and Morris up top. I don't think I love them together, but I like what each brings with a smaller sniper playing off of them.

Like all of this, although I’m kinda with Moose here and perhaps even further along in that regard i.e. Morris is just meh to me. Hasn’t really shown much in my opinion and quite honestly seems to have a bit of the Donovan disease of rather wanting to be a large fish in a smaller pond and not challenge himself. Add in the injuries and I’m not positive about him going forward.

Purp

Like all of this, although I’m kinda with Moose here and perhaps even further along in that regard i.e. Morris is just meh to me. Hasn’t really shown much in my opinion and quite honestly seems to have a bit of the Donovan disease of rather wanting to be a large fish in a smaller pond and not challenge himself. Add in the injuries and I’m not positive about him going forward.
The comparison to Landon is fair in more ways than one. Morris isn't as talented, but they both have terrific work rate and are only good when comfortable. That said, Morris is a guy for me that can make guys like Sargent, Green, Weah, and others better.

Pharm Frog

That’s the straight up simple facts explanation, yes. However, there was some major infighting and idiocy going on behind the scenes it appears, which didn’t help efforts.

Oh....I thought it might have something to do with someone revealing at the post-elimination presser that he'd been playing with a broken hand. Oh wait....

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I do like Wood
UnwCq8m.gif

tcujsauce

Since your allegiance to Bayern is still relatively nascent might I recommend a switch to Dortmund. Reasons are as follows:

1) Picking Bayern is like picking the Yankees, Lakers, or Cowboys when you don't really have a geographical allegiance. People who pick front runners are annoying. For this reason, I'd also recommend you start following the EPL and pick Tottenham as your club of choice. COYS!

2) Christian Pulisic may end up being the best American player we've ever had.

Been a Bayern fan for a couple years now, already own several apparel items. Ain’t switching. #MiaSanMia

Purp

Been a Bayern fan for a couple years now, already own several apparel items. Ain’t switching. #MiaSanMia
No worries. Good on you. You definitely should pick up a rooting interest in EPL, too. Might I recommend Tottenham.

For starters, they aren't one of the mega clubs that buy championships (Man U, Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool to a lesser extent). They're like the pre World Series champ Cubs of the EPL. The fans are terrific and their player development is great so they always have competitive squads. Most years recently they've been in the top 4 of the table. For the past decade or so they've been able to boast one of the best players in the world between Gareth Bale (before he transferred to Real Madrid) and Harry Kane. There is serious potential that Gareth Bale could return to White Hart Lane during the summer transfer window and the pair of Bale and Kane could be remarkable.

Will be in Vegas for the start of the WC is good and bad. The good is I’ll get to place a wager or two on the games and the bad is I’m too old to be up at three in the morning when the early games are on. Hope to see the later games when I can.

Chongo94

Will be in Vegas for the start of the WC is good and bad. The good is I’ll get to place a wager or two on the games and the bad is I’m too old to be up at three in the morning when the early games are on. Hope to see the later games when I can.

That sounds brutal. Would be cool to see the games on those huge screens though.

Frog-in-law1995

No worries. Good on you. You definitely should pick up a rooting interest in EPL, too. Might I recommend Tottenham.

For starters, they aren't one of the mega clubs that buy championships (Man U, Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool to a lesser extent). They're like the pre World Series champ Cubs of the EPL. The fans are terrific and their player development is great so they always have competitive squads. Most years recently they've been in the top 4 of the table. For the past decade or so they've been able to boast one of the best players in the world between Gareth Bale (before he transferred to Real Madrid) and Harry Kane. There is serious potential that Gareth Bale could return to White Hart Lane during the summer transfer window and the pair of Bale and Kane could be remarkable.

TjwWnQ4.jpg

f_399

I wonder how they will spread the games out, certainly Jerry’s world should get a couple, or in the running for the finals?

Central location with dfw international airport