• The KillerFrogs

Official World Cup 2018 Thread...

InstaFrog

He now plays for the Las Vegas Lights (very cool kits btw) in the USL. It is like his twelfth team or something crazy like that. Dude was all hype sadly. One of those who’s skill was better than all the young kids when he was young but when he got older it never advanced and everyone was able to catch up basically.

Edit: Las Vegas is his 14th team.
That has been the root of the issue IMO across all of US Soccer....Lazy evaluations and locking into players early, with those lists feeding the next set of lists which in turn feed website rankings and recruiting. Bottom line is the game just doesn't mean that much to the US public in general. In Europe or South America, the game isn't a matter life or death it's more important.

Polls will show that soccer is increasing in popularity by leaps and bounds, but I don't see it ever ingrained in American DNA like the big 3 (football, baseball, and basketball). When I see US Soccer do what the Germans did (https://www.thenational.ae/arts-cul...-german-football-rose-from-the-ashes-1.131519 ) after the 2000 Euros flameout, then I'll know we're serious. Until then, we're just ham and eggers in the football world.

Chongo94

France starting a very strong team today...looks like their first team runout for next week.

Looking forward to seeing more of Parker, Robinson, McKennie and Adams today.

Chongo94

Didn’t they miss the World Cup because they didn’t win or tie enough matches? Is there more to the story?

That’s the straight up simple facts explanation, yes. However, there was some major infighting and idiocy going on behind the scenes it appears, which didn’t help efforts.

Purp

Julian Green, he’s like that random super bowl player who wins the mvp and promptly does nothing ever again.
I'm not so sure. I think he may develop into another young stud. The trick with him is finding the right position for him with the right system.

Moose Stuff

I'm not so sure. I think he may develop into another young stud. The trick with him is finding the right position for him with the right system.

I’m hoping we’ve got something better moving forward. He looks like an extra to me. Hoping Sargent and Weah are the future there.

Purp

I’m hoping we’ve got something better moving forward. He looks like an extra to me. Hoping Sargent and Weah are the future there.
You may be right, but I don't think we've seen his best yet. I do agree he's got a lot of competition to break the line-up consistently, though.

I just don't know what he is yet other than extremely gifted with raw talent. I can see him excelling in a wing role in a 4-5-1 where he can run off people in space and show his ability 1 v 1. I can also see him as an attacking center mid in a 4-4-2, maybe even a 4-3-1-2. He's got ability that can help us; we just haven't figured out the best way to use it yet.

He could end up being another promising young guy that we never figure out how to utilize well. Maybe he just never gets it.

ETA: I also really like Wood and Morris up top. I don't think I love them together, but I like what each brings with a smaller sniper playing off of them.