• The KillerFrogs

TCU-Ohio State gets ABC Primetime, UT to play Alabama, other non-conference notes

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I’d bet that the odds that UT/Bama go to jerryworkd are quite good. Jerry ain’t gonna let that game go by without an opportunity to fill his stadium completely.

Concur with that.
Several years ago I took my daughter to the fancy hotel in D with the sculpture garden to see the Lusitania prop (she loves old ships). While we were walking in, several cabs pulled up & out bounded several Bama fans with the red jackets and houndstooth hats whipping out wads & moneyclips to toss 20’s at the drivers. Think they were playing Michigan that weekend at JerryWorld.

Wexahu

I just think it’s wrong to believe GP is making these decisions.

I think it's wrong to believe GP isn't making most any decision with regards to the football team, because I think believing anything else is borderline nuts. It's his program. Nothing will happen unless GP wants it to happen.

Frog-in-law1995

Concur with that.
Several years ago I took my daughter to the fancy hotel in D with the sculpture garden to see the Lusitania prop (she loves old ships). While we were walking in, several cabs pulled up & out bounded several Bama fans with the red jackets and houndstooth hats whipping out wads & moneyclips to toss 20’s at the drivers. Think they were playing Michigan that weekend at JerryWorld.

They were everywhere downtown FW two years ago when they opened at Jerryworld against USC.

tcumaniac

I think it's wrong to believe GP isn't making most any decision with regards to the football team, because I think believing anything else is borderline nuts. It's his program. Nothing will happen unless GP wants it to happen.

Yep. And if Gary was really wanting to play Ohio State 2 years in a row, that would still be happening. People that think otherwise are really out of touch.

Eight

Saban will be 70 when the first game arrives. Odds he’s still coaching?

most likely not good, may depend upon if he continues to invest in georgia real estate projects, but the things is it won't matter.

bama is bama in name and while they might not be the machine then they are now i don't see to recall them not having name cache or trouble selling tickets. as "down" as things have been at texas same story which is why these games draw the attention they do from the average college football fan and the fan bases.

Dogfrog

I may be borderline nuts but you are certifiable.

CountryFrog

He could've tried but I don't think he could lure Alabama to ACS, and I'm almost certain GP would want no part of playing Bama two years in a row. That's just the reality. And I don't blame him.

I'll also say when it comes to UT, their OOC scheduling vs ours is the reason a 12-1 or 11-2 Texas will virtually always be in a better playoff position over a 12-1 or 11-2 TCU team (2018 being the obvious exception). Say what you want about them, but they can't be accused of shying away from competition.
What I want to say about them is that they suck at football.