• The KillerFrogs

Diehards: Connecticut to Cowtown: Why Michael Collins spurned Ivy League for TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
259184_Michael-Collins_xpipt1.png

Diehards: Connecticut to Cowtown: Why Michael Collins spurned Ivy League for TCU

By Shehan Jeyarajah - Diehards

FORT WORTH, Texas — Michael Collins knows exactly what he gave up for a shot to play quarterback at TCU.

His future was set. Collins was a quarterback at the University of Pennsylvania and on the path to potentially becoming a three-year Ivy League starter. He was studying at The Wharton School, one of the world’s most prestigious business schools.

But after quickly figuring out that he was good enough to play at the Ivy League level, Collins wanted more.

“I just realized after a year that it wasn’t the college experience or football experience that I wanted,” Collins said. “I wanted a big-time college football experience, a chance to chase my dream and possibly play at the next level.”

Read more at https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/...ed-ivy-league-for-tcu/Nzp5t5uUszf3BAkhReBrPL/

WhatTheFrog

Good read.
It is. I respect the guy for giving up a sure thing to pursue what he really wanted with no regrets and knowing the competition he was coming in against.

I'm confident that he will find SOME playing time at points throughout this season. The coaches seem to be pretty high on him. Rogers' continuing rehab and recovery will contribute to that playing time. I really wish the best for the kid.

tcumaniac

Fantastic read. Seems like we got quite the steal with this kid.

To leave a guaranteed starting role and a free education at one of the world's most prestigious business schools is quite the leap of faith. And it also speaks to the prestige of our football program and university, specifically the Neeley School of Business.