• The KillerFrogs

Renderings of the new TCU Hotel

82Frog

Renderings of TCU's on campus hotel. The 5 floor structure will contain 150 rooms, 4,000 sqft of ballroom space, a rooftop bar, and an outdoor pool. A restaurant will be adjacent to the structure, serving the hotel and general public. Possibly to be run by Hyatt.Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 8.12.23 PM.png

B.jpg Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 8.12.23 PM.png C.jpg

Limey Frog

On first glance I read the thread title as 'helmet' rather than 'hotel'. I had forgotten we are building a hotel, and I am very glad to hear that we aren't getting any more helmets, though I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

jfdavis3

Is the hotel just a business venture TCU hopes to turn a profit on? Or is there some other reasons why this is a good idea?
Renderings of TCU's on campus hotel. The 5 floor structure will contain 150 rooms, 4,000 sqft of ballroom space, a rooftop bar, and an outdoor pool. A restaurant will be adjacent to the structure, serving the hotel and general public. Possibly to be run by Hyatt.View attachment 4405

View attachment 4406 View attachment 4405 View attachment 4407
TCU is leasing the land to a private venture. The school has no economic stake in the hotel other than receiving lease payments.