• The KillerFrogs

Just for fun-what's on your bucket list?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
The NZ ruby team is the "All Blacks" and their Natl soccer (football) team are the "All Whites." so no "racist" Roll.
picard-facepalm.jpg

AroundWorldFrog

Been lucky and gotten to do lots of things so my list isn't long. Having wandering feet was both a blessing and curse sometimes.

I want to see Normandy, more of Japan, New Zealand, ride a motorcycle through the Himalayas and dive in Truk Lagoon. Diving in Truk Lagoon is probably the one last thing I most desire to do to see the history sitting at the bottom of the lagoon there and do some good wreck diving.

Re: Normandy, are there still places you can see real life WWII artifacts such as tanks, bunkers and French whorehouses?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Been lucky and gotten to do lots of things so my list isn't long. Having wandering feet was both a blessing and curse sometimes.

I want to see Normandy, more of Japan, New Zealand, ride a motorcycle through the Himalayas and dive in Truk Lagoon. Diving in Truk Lagoon is probably the one last thing I most desire to do to see the history sitting at the bottom of the lagoon there and do some good wreck diving.

Re: Normandy, are there still places you can see real life WWII artifacts such as tanks, bunkers and French whorehouses?
Ride a motorcycle through the Himalayas? I can’t even ride through my neighborhood.

Pharm Frog

• Roman bronze situla from Germany, 2nd-3rd century.
  • A wooden bucket.
  • German 19th century leather fire-buckets.
  • Sand bucket.
  • Chum bucket.
  • A mop bucket with a wringer.
  • An excavator bucket.
  • A bucket of cold beers
  • A bucket hat.
  • A crusher bucket.
And that’s about it.

Spit bucket?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)

I went to this museum when I visited Normandy. It was well worth it.
http://www.arromanches-museum.com/pratique/

sketchy

Yeah, but this is the first trip he’s taken that didn’t have a bunch of work waiting for him when he got back home. I bet that makes any trip better.

Boy howdy, isn’t that the truth.
If I take a day off, like a Monday or Friday, I know damn well I’ll have 200 emails when I come back.
Not to mention god-knows how many files to review.
Takes a full day just to get caught up, while also trying to put out the fires and correct mistakes employees made while I was off.

sketchy

Forgot about the bucket list part....
1. Live long enough to see my kids graduate from college
2. Attend Ryder Cup, preferably in Europe,

I don’t ask for much

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Boy howdy, isn’t that the truth.
If I take a day off, like a Monday or Friday, I know damn well I’ll have 200 emails when I come back.
Not to mention god-knows how many files to review.
Takes a full day just to get caught up, while also trying to put out the fires and correct mistakes employees made while I was off.
I’ve always preferred being at work knowing I have the next day off rather than being off and knowing I have to work the next day.

NavyFrog

As I lay in bed last night, trying to sleep, which is starting to be a pointless exercise, as long as I'm on steroids.

I thought about my bucket list and Whether I'm able to check enough items off of it before going to the great Horned Frog in the sky. Don't worry, I'm not planning to go there anytime soon.

So here's my bucket list.

1. Watch the Horned Frogs win the National Championship in football.
  2. Attend the College World Series and see the Horned Frogs win the National Championship in baseball.
  3. Hold my grandchild for the first time.
  4. Take a cruise for the first time.
  5. Hike the Grand Canyon.
  6. Go river rafting.
  7. Spend some time in New Zealand.
  8. Look at the earth from outer space
  9. Hike the Appalachian Trail
  10. Take a ride in a jet fighter
That's my list, what's yours?
Mrs Navy and I will be right there with you for 1 and 2. If you want some company for 4,5,6,7 and 9, let us know. I wish I could do 8 but I think that honor with go to my grandchildren.

tcudoc

I bow hunt and in December 2016 I shot a nice 11 point. I made a pretty poor shot and hit him a little back from where I was aiming. After searching for weeks and even calling a professional deer-tracker with tracking dogs, I finally gave up. I was sick about it and traded in my bow for a crossbow this season.

Well fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I get a text from my uncle saying he had stumbled onto what remained of my buck about a mile north of where I shot him....

rgEVEzR.png

I took him into the taxidermist and got them to clean him up and dye the antlers back to their natural color...

ZaPhzx8.jpg

Scored at 154” B&C, ties for 2nd biggest buck ever taken off our place and 1st biggest buck with a bow.

I’m still upset we didn’t find him directly after shooting him, but at least now I know what happened and can close that chapter. Beautiful rack and a cool mount on the wall.

He was definitely an older deer, at least 5.5 yrs old.

It's also good for his family to finally have some closure.

VA Froggie

My uncle just retired and he and his wife took a 2-month long vacation in New Zealand. He couldn’t quit talking about what a blast they had. He said it was the most beautiful place he’s ever been and the people there were incredible. He’s traveled the world and he said it was the best trip he’s ever taken.
Your uncle was correct in all ways, one of the best trips taken by my wife and I. We saw New Zealand as well as a good part of Australia, trip of a life time.