• The KillerFrogs

Just for fun-what's on your bucket list?

MTfrog5

Great Wall
Great Barrier Reef
The Open at St. Andrews and Carnoustie
A Ryder cup in Great Britain
Spend a month driving around Ireland/Scotland
Play golf on the isle of Skye
See all my Frog friends including Wes at my tailgate for the next 100 years
Buy a hotdog on Times Square while wearing a tuxedo on the way to a Broadway show
Drive up the Alcan again
Hunt for a New Zealand red stag
Drive Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang
Beat Baylor
Ryder Cup used to be pretty far up my list, but I had a buddy go and said it’s pretty miserable the first two days because they only have 4 groups out at a time. Still would love to go to one in Europe or at Bethpage in a couple years though

Ron Swanson

Spend time in all 50 states - only 4 to go.
Visit all the National Parks.
Live long enough to see my kids graduate from college, get married and have grandkids - I should have had my kids younger.
Do a stand up routine just once.
Become a hunter - particularly a bow hunter.
Make just enough money so wife and I can call it quits and spend time with our children and theirs.
Learn to play the guitar.
A sub 10 handicap
Run a sub 2 hour half and a sub 4 hour full marathon - probably need to run a full marathon before I start requesting Times.
Write a book - probably a children’s book with my lack of cognitive abilities.
Learn to tie a good Windsor knot.
Own a restaurant.
Macchu picchu, Everest base camp, a few CO fourteeneers.
Get back to skiing well enough so I could ski Silverton or any backcountry for that matter.
Live in a house in the mountains for the summer.

I could do this a long time. It’s good to get out and live life.
I bow hunt and in December 2016 I shot a nice 11 point. I made a pretty poor shot and hit him a little back from where I was aiming. After searching for weeks and even calling a professional deer-tracker with tracking dogs, I finally gave up. I was sick about it and traded in my bow for a crossbow this season.

Well fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I get a text from my uncle saying he had stumbled onto what remained of my buck about a mile north of where I shot him....

rgEVEzR.png

I took him into the taxidermist and got them to clean him up and dye the antlers back to their natural color...

ZaPhzx8.jpg

Scored at 154” B&C, ties for 2nd biggest buck ever taken off our place and 1st biggest buck with a bow.

I’m still upset we didn’t find him directly after shooting him, but at least now I know what happened and can close that chapter. Beautiful rack and a cool mount on the wall.

He was definitely an older deer, at least 5.5 yrs old.

DeepEllumFrog

Spend time in all 50 states - only 4 to go.
Visit all the National Parks.
Live long enough to see my kids graduate from college, get married and have grandkids - I should have had my kids younger.
Do a stand up routine just once.
Become a hunter - particularly a bow hunter.
Make just enough money so wife and I can call it quits and spend time with our children and theirs.
Learn to play the guitar.
A sub 10 handicap
Run a sub 2 hour half and a sub 4 hour full marathon - probably need to run a full marathon before I start requesting Times.
Write a book - probably a children’s book with my lack of cognitive abilities.
Learn to tie a good Windsor knot.
Own a restaurant.
Macchu picchu, Everest base camp, a few CO fourteeneers.
Get back to skiing well enough so I could ski Silverton or any backcountry for that matter.
Live in a house in the mountains for the summer.

I could do this a long time. It’s good to get out and live life.

Headed up to do Machu Picchu tomorrow #humblebrag. Very excited. So many great activities on all these lists. I do my best to get out and try to do something new and cool every year. I don't have a list, but it it fun to find something interesting, educational, beautiful or whatever and see if I can make it happen on a limited budget. Just starting Peru, flew here on miles with my niece and we are planning to stay a month on about $1500 each. BTW, the TCU national championships in football and baseball are 1 and 1A on my mental list

Rose Bowl

Attend a TCU National Championship sporting event (especially a basketball one).
Visit Europe
Play golf in Scotland and some distilleries.
Attend a Champions League final (especially a Chelsea one).
Visit Australia and New Zealand
Ride the Canadian RR from coast to coast.
Spend a summer in various mountain locations camping.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Headed up to do Machu Picchu tomorrow #humblebrag. Very excited. So many great activities on all these lists. I do my best to get out and try to do something new and cool every year. I don't have a list, but it it fun to find something interesting, educational, beautiful or whatever and see if I can make it happen on a limited budget. Just starting Peru, flew here on miles with my niece and we are planning to stay a month on about $1500 each. BTW, the TCU national championships in football and baseball are 1 and 1A on my mental list
That’s awesome. Post some pictures of Macchu Picchu when you get back. Safe travels.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Re: Peru

Beware the pisco sour.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
He said that by far Australians outnumbered all other tourists there. He said that all the Australians told him he picked the right country to go to, it’s a lot better vacation in New Zealand than Australia.
Could be. I've been to Tasmania, which I am told had some " New Zealand " like qualities,. It was beautiful but it's not NZ. When I do get there, I want to watch the All Blacks play a rugby game. Seen them in a rugby 7's match but got not a full game

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Could be. I've been to Tasmania, which I am told had some " New Zealand " like qualities,. It was beautiful but it's not NZ. When I do get there, I want to watch the All Blacks play a rugby game. Seen them in a rugby 7's match but got not a full game
Racist, IMO.

Virginia Frog

The big mistake some folks make is trying to see Aus & NZ on the same trip.
New Zealand, both main islands are really 2-3 weeks AT LEAST. Aus is a CONTINENT and to "do it" completely - plan 3-4 weeks if doing it in one trip.

I interacted a lot with NZlanders when I was there and they look to the US for culture - not the UK, their mama country (we're closer.) Outside of Auckland we were in demand and got a lot of questions about everything American. Many of them had been to the US and others had it at the top of their travel Bucket List. The problem is that many of them come here and try to see the US48 in 2-3 weeks. They go to LA, SanFran, Vegas and maybe NYC or Mickey Mouse World FL (Grand Canyon, Yosemite and western parks too) that's it. They REALLY haven't SEEN America then. Same thing applies when we travel there.