• The KillerFrogs

Just for fun-what's on your bucket list?

Casey T

Road trip to St. Louise, MO. Budweiser Brewerie Tour. Next, Lynchburg, Tennessee. Jack Daniels distillery tour. Lasty to Louisiana. The Tobasco hot sauce tour. Hopefully do this this coming summer. Not sure if my days are numbered ? Go Frogs!

PM me if you want recommendations on the first two, I used to live a few blocks away from the Bud brewery and have done Jack as well

froginmn

As I lay in bed last night, trying to sleep, which is starting to be a pointless exercise, as long as I'm on steroids.

I thought about my bucket list and Whether I'm able to check enough items off of it before going to the great Horned Frog in the sky. Don't worry, I'm not planning to go there anytime soon.

So here's my bucket list.

1. Watch the Horned Frogs win the National Championship in football.
  2. Attend the College World Series and see the Horned Frogs win the National Championship in baseball.
  3. Hold my grandchild for the first time.
  4. Take a cruise for the first time.
  5. Hike the Grand Canyon.
  6. Go river rafting.
  7. Spend some time in New Zealand.
  8. Look at the earth from outer space
  9. Hike the Appalachian Trail
  10. Take a ride in a jet fighter
That's my list, what's yours?
Looking back at your list, I've done none of those. But I like your list.

cdsfrog

1) visit every country in Europe
2) live in Australia/ New Zealand
3) Visit Galapagos Islands
4) go to the French Open
5) See tcu win a NC live
6) Go on safari sa Africa

New Zealand is amazing btw. Auckland and Wellington.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
4) go to the French Open
5) See tcu win a NC live

Good ones

RufeBruton

Bucket list is always evolving, but one item is going to be crossed off this Fall. My great uncle, as 25 year old Irish immigrant, was killed on Oct 10, 1918 in the Meuse Argonne offensive in WW-I. He is buried at the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery at Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, France. My wife and I will be the first of our family to visit his grave and we will do so on the 100th anniversary of his death. Will miss the Thursday night Tech game, but it gives me chills to know that I will be visiting my grandmother's big brother's grave.

Ron Swanson

Ride one more cattle drive. That's it.
“Nothing like bringing in a herd”

city_slickers.jpg

Opintel

Moderators
Get my Spousal Unit to some of those places the USN was nice enough to pay my way to. Cannes Film Festival, Monaco, Hawaii, and there's more, of course. We've done some, want to do a bunch that are on other's lists in this thread.

Excellent thread, makes one think.

Virginia Frog

4) go to the French Open
5) See tcu win a NC live

For a fab Safari drop the SA idea. Tanzania or Kenya is very accesable via Europe (London on BA or Amsterdam on KLM) in Jun/July for Tanzania Aug/Sep for Kenya - The savanna and it's counter-clockwise grazing by the widebeests and the whole feeding cycle for the lions et.al.

The weather in the Kenyan Masai Mara, because of altitude, just south of the equator is temperate and wonderful in their winter months (and 12 hrs of daylight every day.)

If you do decided to go to SA, Delta has n-s from Atlanta to Jo-burg and you don't have to go to Europe to connect! What a small world we have today.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Get my Spousal Unit to some of those places the USN was nice enough to pay my way to. Cannes Film Festival, Monaco, Hawaii, and there's more, of course. We've done some, want to do a bunch that are on other's lists in this thread.

Excellent thread, makes one think.

You boys been drinkin’
~~~whisks knife outta ground
Don’t let it happen again....

cdsfrog

For a fab Safari drop the SA idea. Tanzania or Kenya is very accesable via Europe (London on BA or Amsterdam on KLM) in Jun/July for Tanzania Aug/Sep for Kenya - The savanna and it's counter-clockwise grazing by the widebeests and the whole feeding cycle for the lions et.al.

The weather in the Kenyan Masai Mara, because of altitude, just south of the equator is temperate and wonderful in their winter months (and 12 hrs of daylight every day.)

If you do decided to go to SA, Delta has n-s from Atlanta to Jo-burg and you don't have to go to Europe to connect! What a small world we have today.

Great suggestions but I want to take Hannah as well and she is only 3. Even if I get stay here longer we will be leaving England before she is 6. Probably will do a family trip to Africa when she is older. I figure when I move back to Europe again I will do all of those.

Froglaw

Great Wall
Great Barrier Reef
The Open at St. Andrews and Carnoustie
A Ryder cup in Great Britain
Spend a month driving around Ireland/Scotland
Play golf on the isle of Skye
See all my Frog friends including Wes at my tailgate for the next 100 years
Buy a hotdog on Times Square while wearing a tuxedo on the way to a Broadway show
Drive up the Alcan again
Hunt for a New Zealand red stag
Drive Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang
Beat Baylor

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Spend time in all 50 states - only 4 to go.
Visit all the National Parks.
Live long enough to see my kids graduate from college, get married and have grandkids - I should have had my kids younger.
Do a stand up routine just once.
Become a hunter - particularly a bow hunter.
Make just enough money so wife and I can call it quits and spend time with our children and theirs.
Learn to play the guitar.
A sub 10 handicap
Run a sub 2 hour half and a sub 4 hour full marathon - probably need to run a full marathon before I start requesting Times.
Write a book - probably a children’s book with my lack of cognitive abilities.
Learn to tie a good Windsor knot.
Own a restaurant.
Macchu picchu, Everest base camp, a few CO fourteeneers.
Get back to skiing well enough so I could ski Silverton or any backcountry for that matter.
Live in a house in the mountains for the summer.

I could do this a long time. It’s good to get out and live life.

cdsfrog

Spend time in all 50 states - only 4 to go.
Visit all the National Parks.
Live long enough to see my kids graduate from college, get married and have grandkids - I should have had my kids younger.
Do a stand up routine just once.
Become a hunter - particularly a bow hunter.
Make just enough money so wife and I can call it quits and spend time with our children and theirs.
Learn to play the guitar.
A sub 10 handicap
Run a sub 2 hour half and a sub 4 hour full marathon - probably need to run a full marathon before I start requesting Times.
Write a book - probably a children’s book with my lack of cognitive abilities.
Learn to tie a good Windsor knot.
Own a restaurant.
Macchu picchu, Everest base camp, a few CO fourteeneers.
Get back to skiing well enough so I could ski Silverton or any backcountry for that matter.
Live in a house in the mountains for the summer.

I could do this a long time. It’s good to get out and live life.

damn good list