• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I met Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey in Kuwait first tour 02-03, solid guy, his flight got delayed 4+ hours, he just hung out in the pax terminal, no DV boat for him, the troops couldn’t believe it, telling stories, autographs, handshakes, they loved it. Yes I got his signature too. Only other military autograph I got? General Colin Powell on his book tour.

netty2424

I met Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey in Kuwait first tour 02-03, solid guy, his flight got delayed 4+ hours, he just hung out in the pax terminal, no DV boat for him, the troops couldn’t believe it, telling stories, autographs, handshakes, they loved it. Yes I got his signature too. Only other military autograph I got? General Colin Powell on his book tour.
I saw him at Cabelas grand opening in Allen. He had a competing meet and greet line with the great bass fisherman Kevin Van Dam. How 'Merica was that grand opening! I bought some new lures, ammo, and tanerite. Went home, fished a little and then blew ship up.

TCURiggs

I saw him at Cabelas grand opening in Allen. He had a competing meet and greet line with the great bass fisherman Kevin Van Dam. How 'Merica was that grand opening! I bought some new lures, ammo, and tanerite. Went home, fished a little and then blew ship up.

comment_453o0YJq4ewGvXbLKPE9ezmkGd71fXRh.gif

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

Never met Gunny.

R.I.P. to one badarse

2nbge89.jpg

Did have a chance to meet KVD in the mid-90s. I fished a B.A.S.S. tourney on Table Rock as a teenager.

He was prob around 27 or 28 at the time.

He talked about sanding down and repainting store bought top water lures, like a Pop-R, to give it a slightly more erratic movement to attract fish.

Dude is on another level.

2zqx8ow.jpg

20rzfn.jpg

Last edited:

netty2424

Never met Gunny.

R.I.P. to one badarse

2nbge89.jpg

Did have a chance to meet KVD in the mid-90s. I fished a B.A.S.S. tourney on Table Rock as a teenager.

He was prob around 27 or 28 at the time.

He talked about sanding down and repainting store bought top water lures, like a Pop-R, to give it a slightly more erratic movement to attract fish.

Dude is on another level.

2zqx8ow.jpg

20rzfn.jpg
He's definitely on another level. There's an art to getting on fish, no doubt. Before my daughter was born I was kayak fishing quite a bit and fished in some local tournaments in a group my BIL organized. There was a dude who basically won all of the tournaments. I was convinced he was cheating, but he's just a damn good fisherman. Knows where they are and knows how to get them in the boat.