• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What's that they're building now at TCU?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What's that they're building now at TCU?

BY BILL HANNA
billhanna@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH – It looks like TCU is ready to add another on-campus amenity.

Following Friday's Board of Trustees meeting, the private university announced it is taking its first step toward building an on-campus hotel.

"After reviewing responses to TCU’s request for proposal and in consultation with CBRE Hotels Consulting, the board approved entering into a ground lease for the purpose of developing a hotel to serve those visiting TCU," the university said in its trustees meeting report. "The scope calls for a branded hotel concept that must meet TCU requirements for exterior design and operations standards."

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Let me guess, it will be exorbitantly expensive and catered almost exclusively to the super wealthy

Why would you think any different? Do you want TCU to be UTA or Sam Houston State? Which of the nations best schools aim to cater to the average, the mid income, the less than best?

Not equating TCU to Princeton or Harvard, but my guess is they didn’t court the poor to help improve their standing.

Well to remember, that the amenities that this University and it's supporters currently enjoy are the by-product of money generously donated by others.

TCUdirtbag

Let me guess, it will be exorbitantly expensive and catered almost exclusively to the super wealthy

Slight correction, it will also cater to recruits.

The AT&T Hotel and Conference Center at UT Austin is an outstanding university hotel. It is UT-branded inside while remaining incredibly classy/upscale (it’s not like burnout orange threw up everywhere). Hopefully a model TCU is looking at.

http://www.meetattexas.com/page/virtual

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Next up, the hydrogen powered MonoRail from Forest Park/Berry to Bellaire South & West corner to Cantey/University & back to Paschal.

For those more adventurous types.....the prototype personal ZipLine from Annie Richardson Bass roof to the Brachman Memorial Parking Garage top level. With complementary hair scrunchie for the Ladies.

Deep Purple

Slight correction, it will also cater to recruits.

The AT&T Hotel and Conference Center at UT Austin is an outstanding university hotel. It is UT-branded inside while remaining incredibly classy/upscale (it’s not like burnout orange threw up everywhere). Hopefully a model TCU is looking at.

http://www.meetattexas.com/page/virtual
I spent a week at that hotel a couple years ago. It's a nice place. Outstanding? Classy? Upscale? I wouldn't use any of those terms for the hotel overall.

The lobby and the conference facilities are outstanding. The rooms and dining facilities aren't anything special. On par with what you'd find at any 3½- to 4-star hotel.

That was my experience anyway.