• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

Wexahu

Again, it’s not as strong of an argument as you seem to think it is. I’m not running a 40 under any circumstances.

He also had a vertical jump of 35.5 inches (which admittedly isn't all that great but still...), had a very respectable 10'9" broad jump and bench pressed 225 lbs fifteen times, which is also pretty good at his size. PLUS he passed all the physicals the NFL puts you through. Go look at his college film and see all the highlight plays where he's doing something besides running straight down the field. There basically are none. THAT is why he had a very short NFL career, he was a one-trick pony and it's hard to last in the NFL with their 45-man gameday rosters as a one-trick pony unless that one trick is really, really special.

Could you imagine him playing special teams? Me neither.

WhatTheFrog

His claim to fame was outrunning the secondary. He didn't have to juke, move, fake all that much, just outrun the coverage. 4.39 speed at the combine proved that he could still do that. This was after his playing time. He didn't HAVE to undergo any further treatments, cortizone shots, therapy, etc. after he was done playing for TCU. I'm sure his scholly paid for his spring semester (unless he'd already used up any eligibility, I do not know). IF he did any of those things after the season was over, I'm confident he requested it.

Fact is, he ran a 4.39 at the combine. He obviously did well enough in the other aspects to get DRAFTED in the 6th round (not a FA signee). What happens after is not TCU's fault!

I realize that there is a lot here that I do not know that I admit to, but darn...the evidence kind of speaks for itself, does it not?

LSU Game Attendee

I think KL’s actions are ensuring that a NFL team will not take a chance on him moving forward. If you are a GM of a NFL team, would you want to take a chance on KL?
No. No, I would not.

Fe-ically, his [ Finebaum ] of a Lionel Hutz attorney has been the one to scuttle any remaining NFL chances for KL.

edit: [ Finebaum ] Ferguson; that storm was a real [ Finebaum ] floater
Overfiltration alert: [ Finebaum ] is an important tool in the Merican vernacular.

Sebastian S

STRENGTHS
Able to win deep against man coverage. Averaged 19 yards per catch and 16 yards at the point of the catch in 2015. Natural hands. Doesn't typically have to fight the ball and shows very good concentration to eyeball throws into his hands. Adequate ball tracking and makes late adjustments on deep throws. Good hand fighter to free himself to be catch-ready. Has second gear to run under throws. Adjusts well to low throws and can go dig them out.
WEAKNESSES
Gangly with a frame that is too thin at this time. Takes an excessive amount of time to gear down into his breaks and is slow to turn and find the ball. Long-strider. Shows meager effort as blocker on wide receiver screens and in the running game. Saw targets and deep ball production fall off this season.
BOTTOM LINE
Intriguing draft prospect with good height, hands and ball skills and the second gear to threaten defenses deep. Listenbee won't help much as a run blocker and he's not sudden enough to be a consistent worker from the slot, but winning deep can produce touchdowns which will get him into a camp.

YA

Passing a rigorous physical exam at the combine seems to be better evidence than a good forty time, if that indeed happened. However, he wouldn’t be the first player to cover up an injury to an examining physician in order to secure a draft position., so that could be explained away as well.

He had multiple TCU physicals and multiple NFL physicals and passed them all. If what you say is true that he covered up an injury, then he was lying to multiple physicians for financial gain!!

That plays right into the defense for all the defendants. Good luck convincing a Texas jury to award $ damages to a proven liar to doctors for financial gain.

I just don't see this getting past summary judgment for what it is worth and I'm a plaintiff's lawyer.

InstaFrog

Are scholarship college athletes considered to be employees? If not, then how does Workmen's Comp apply? Were the Northwestern football players successful in getting NLRB jurisdiction to apply?
I am not 100% sure if things are still the same or if they have changed, but Waldrep v. Texas Employers Insurance Association pretty much established that the student athletes were not employees.
Even with the Ed O'bannon case uproar and concessions thereafter by NCAA to allow for full cost of attendance, guaranteed 4 yr scholies, etc, student-athletes are still "independent contractors" as far as the schools are concerned. They're offered a contract (full or partial scholarship), told to supply their own insurance, and expected to deal with the costs "post-contract" for continued treatment of injuries sustained during the contract until they reach the NCAA $90,000 threshold. That doesn't sound like an employer/employee relationship to me.

texasrobster1997

Two things:

First, I would not be surprised at all. Some of the best and most reputable ORS are very innovative with surgical technique and drug/rehab therapy. “Standard of care” has always been less defined in pain and inflammation therapy than in areas like cardiovascular, diabetes, COPD, etc.

Secondly, guidelines are vague assuming “guidelines” means the package insert. It’s been many years since I worked in the pain and inflammation therapeutic area so things may have changed as to specificity but I doubt it. Administration frequency is usually pretty well defined but I've personally seen all manners of dosing regimens (including most recently on my son).
To your point #1. I agree. You will find practices vary quite a bit. This is exactly why not meeting standard of care is a tough argument unless the doc was wheels off.

To your point #2. Again, no expert here, but when I last looked at into it the guidelines gave some recommendations but gave freedom to the physician (as in most “guidelines” they try no to put you in a box. Also expert opinions vary). Hence they are usually purposely vague. Maybe not to a pharmacist or a lawyer, but that is from my perspective. That being said I would be shocked if he got more than 4 steroid shots in a 12 month span. I wonder, though, if he got a few more that were local anesthetics.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

He had multiple TCU physicals and multiple NFL physicals and passed them all. If what you say is true that he covered up an injury, then he was lying to multiple physicians for financial gain!!

That plays right into the defense for all the defendants. Good luck convincing a Texas jury to award $ damages to a proven liar to doctors for financial gain.

I just don't see this getting past summary judgment for what it is worth and I'm a plaintiff's lawyer.
But that's not the point. The point is that had he had better treatment, TCU'd have won state. No doubt. No doubt in his mind. Things'd be different. He'd have gone pro. He'd be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol' mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with his soul mate.

How much you wanna bet he can throw a football over them mountains?

tcudoc

Can I use my golf cart?
whatthefuck4c0b9.gif

golf-cart-jump-flip-slide-fail-1409908747f.gif

golf-car-fail.gif

Brog

But that's not the point. The point is that had he had better treatment, TCU'd have won state. No doubt. No doubt in his mind. Things'd be different. He'd have gone pro. He'd be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol' mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with his soul mate.

How much you wanna bet he can throw a football over them mountains?

Yeah, but winning state isn't good enough, is it?