• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

Shreveport likes the outdoors so much that we built 2 Academy’s next to each other.

View attachment 4244

giphy.gif

Purp

You got a B on your report card because of two questions on a 10 question quiz a few days into the first six weeks?

tumblr_m8oih9ZZg91rtef2wo1_r2_250.gif
Yes. We had 2 grades that first 6 weeks. The test and a homework grade weighted much lower than the test. The remainder of that 6 weeks was spent memorizing the "Gettysburg Add Dressed" and reciting it one pupil at a time in front of the class. We were also evaluated on our thespian delivery, but those grades didn't post until the 2nd 6 weeks.

Because of that waste of a month or more we didn't even get to Texas joining the U.S. by the end of the school year, which means Lincoln's famous speech was impertinent to anything we covered that year.

TCURiggs

Yes. We had 2 grades that first 6 weeks. The test and a homework grade weighted much lower than the test. The remainder of that 6 weeks was spent memorizing the "Gettysburg Add Dressed" and reciting it one pupil at a time in front of the class. We were also evaluated on our thespian delivery, but those grades didn't post until the 2nd 6 weeks.

Because of that waste of a month or more we didn't even get to Texas joining the U.S. by the end of the school year, which means Lincoln's famous speech was impertinent to anything we covered that year.

How in the blue darn do you remember all of that?

Frog-in-law1995

what the hell kind of Texas history class goes from hemispheres to Abe Lincoln? Weird teacher.

Purp

How in the blue darn do you remember all of that?
I remember all sorts of weird boat. All of my teacher's names from every class I ever took. I can walk to every classroom I ever had a class in and tell you the professor/teacher name and where I sat. I remember the kind of notebook/back pack I had for each class.

But I can't remember the name of the new vendor I met in my office today.

Purp

what the hell kind of Texas history class goes from hemispheres to Abe Lincoln? Weird teacher.
She was the worst teacher I ever had. She was routinely wrong about simple things. Ann "Gruesome" Newsome had a reputation that I thought was impossible to live up to until I had her.

ETA: I remember her arguing with Stephen Reeves about how to pronounce his last name. She thought he was supposed to pronounce it like Darelle Revis. The parent/teacher night after that debate was fantastic.

TCURiggs

I remember all sorts of weird boat. All of my teacher's names from every class I ever took. I can walk to every classroom I ever had a class in and tell you the professor/teacher name and where I sat. I remember the kind of notebook/back pack I had for each class.

But I can't remember the name of the new vendor I met in my office today.

I'm somewhat similar, but most of my obscure recall is about funny/weird things (see my Lin Elliot story in #Baylortears). You're borderline psychotic, IMO.