• The KillerFrogs

OT - what is the longest you have waited or would wait for BBQ?

Frog-in-law1995

I know you are referring here to City Market in Luling, TX (which is great) but for those who aren’t aware, don’t be fooled by the name of a bbq place in Houston called Luling City Market. It has no connection with “the” City Market.

Seems like someone needs to make a phone call.

Was watching a show last night or the other day and they profiled Franklin’s down in Austin. Showed the ridiculous line that is there everyday.

I can’t do lines like that just for food. Concert tickets or something that I knew wasn’t going to be in town, cool. But bbq?...Where you have a zillion other choices (quality comparisons aside)? Heck, for the amount of time one waits at Franklin’s, you could have driven down to Lockhart for all of those.

It just got me wondering is all. What is the longest you have ever waited (willingly) or would wait for restaurant food?
Routinely, 45 minutes to an hour at Grimaldi's original pizza place in Brooklyn, NY. Once in the rain. Well worth it (and nothing like the chain Grimaldi's that are in DFW).

BABYFACE

Learn to read THE ENTIRE original post.
OP wrote: What is the longest you have ever waited (willingly) or would wait for restaurant food?
You can apologize publicly now.
It is about BBQ in this thread. Sir, if want to bring all restaurants into the equation, you have to bring beer to the party. Them the rules.

Chongo94

I waited at Babe’s in Roanoke for an hour and 45 minutes once. However, as others have qualified, it was my first time there and we were doing a family event.

Subsequent trips did not involve waiting that long as a I wouldn’t have done it.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I waited at Babe’s in Roanoke for an hour and 45 minutes once. However, as others have qualified, it was my first time there and we were doing a family event.

Subsequent trips did not involve waiting that long as a I wouldn’t have done it.
Yeah special trips only for that. People take lawn chairs and beer and make it an event. Now I just get it to go.

Eight

Not sure you know what Top Golf is.

i do know, i have gone twice as part of things for work, and my answer is in response to the idea of being surrounded by drunks who have never swung a club before and freaking kids' parties.

golden tee was invented so drunks can play golf at bars, if i wanted bad food and overpriced drinks i would join a country club, and i really don't need a television while swinging a club. i go to the golf course to get away from technology.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
i do know, i have gone twice as part of things for work, and my answer is in response to the idea of being surrounded by drunks who have never swung a club before and freaking kids' parties.

golden tee was invented so drunks can play golf at bars, if i wanted bad food and overpriced drinks i would join a country club, and i really don't need a television while swinging a club. i go to the golf course to get away from technology.
Gotcha and I agree.