• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

On my 2nd work truck in the past month. My F250 is getting a new oil cooler and heads after they blew a few weeks ago. Currently in a Ram 5500 dually and it got sketchy this morning. Traveling down I20 around 75mph, the rear passenger duals locked up which ripped the steering wheel out of my hands. Skidding sideways in a truck this size at that speed isn’t fun.

After I regained control of it and moved it to the side of the road I inspected the tires. They looked good and they had plenty of air. The only thing that I can think happened is that either a brake hung up or I had large debris or roadkill slung in between the dual tires causing it to lock up. Everything looked fine. Very strange.

Still pulling seat out of my arsehole.

Frog-in-law1995

I may have told this here before, but I got my first B on a report card in school bc of a teacher's ignorance and rigid allegiance to an answer key.

7th grade Texas History opened with a 10 question quiz over the first chapter. The first two questions were as follows:

1) The northern hemisphere is between ____ and ____?

2) The southern hemisphere is between ____ and ____?

My answers were north pole/equator and south pole/equator respectively. I got those wrong bc her answer key said equator/north pole and equator/south pole. My mom was fit to be tied. That teacher had "retired" before my sister could have her the next year.

You got a B on your report card because of two questions on a 10 question quiz a few days into the first six weeks?

tumblr_m8oih9ZZg91rtef2wo1_r2_250.gif

nwlafrog

Man, your truck life is wheels off.

Ha! That’s the thing. I never had/have issues out of my Titan, my old Silverado, or my little Tacoma from many years ago. My old Ram was a POS, though. It’s only the Ford HD’s and the Rams. The one I’m in now only has 79K miles and it has a boatload of issues already not including this weird incident which admittedly, might not be the truck’s fault.

Personally, I’m a fan of Toyota and Honda from past experience and their reputation. They just feel super reliable and bulletproof. I didn’t want to fork over the extra cash for a Tundra (they are really proud of those trucks) and I really like my Titan. I tried to push Mrs. NWLA towards a Honda Pilot or a Toyota Highlander, but she wanted the Rogue which seems to be pretty good so far. The best vehicle we’ve owned was a Honda Accord. It wasn’t cool and it wasn’t flashy, but that thing was solid and I bet it is still running just fine.