• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Frog-in-law1995

Tangentially related but my city has a small music festival in May every year. They get a mixture of one hit wonders or washed up 90s/00s bands and older groups. I saw Finger Eleven a couple years ago and knew nothing of them other than Paralyzer. The rest of their stuff sounded like a bad Disturbed tribute band. Notably they performed WWE wrestler Kane's theme song Slow Chemical.

I agree, but I do like One Thing. Has a very Peter Gabriel feel.

I was listening to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven on my in-car ipod on the drive to work, which got me to wanting to listen to another of their songs, so I pull up YouTube and in the search bar, type: “on”

The smart search function auto-populated it as “one thing Finger Eleven.”

Creepy, y’all. The bad men are listening.

wiretap.jpg

TheFDN

There is a rock outcropping on Hwy 16 just north of Llano. Evidently it has small amounts of llanite, which is only found in this county; quite rare. At any rate, it is visited quite regularly by local colleges and rock hounds...you drive by and it is covered with students, all prospecting away.
Is that near Baby Head cemetery?

nwlafrog

I've never been, but I've seen the crowd coming and going when on the road to/from our lake house on Sam Rayburn. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you'll fit in just fine. :)

FlawedSoggyIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Yeah, you’re probably right.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Anyone going to Jacksonville next week for Mud Nationals? I’ve never been there and I got a decent sized group of us together to make the trip and do hood rat stuff.
I've known people from Ohio that went to that. Heard it's a ship show. You should fit right in.

I mean that as a compliment. I'd love to go one day.

Purp

I wasn't as smart as you. I helped my kid with an anatomy chart and told them what to put as the right answers. I got a 70. The teacher's answers were way different than mine. Mine were all correct, they just chose not to accept them because they didn't fit the answer key they had and were unable to know that my answers were way better than the answers given by whoever made the stupid handout. Me helping my kids with homework often went very poorly for the sake of their grades. I once helped my child fail a 5th grade math assignment because his teacher had no clue what she was doing.
I may have told this here before, but I got my first B on a report card in school bc of a teacher's ignorance and rigid allegiance to an answer key.

7th grade Texas History opened with a 10 question quiz over the first chapter. The first two questions were as follows:

1) The northern hemisphere is between ____ and ____?

2) The southern hemisphere is between ____ and ____?

My answers were north pole/equator and south pole/equator respectively. I got those wrong bc her answer key said equator/north pole and equator/south pole. My mom was fit to be tied. That teacher had "retired" before my sister could have her the next year.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I may have told this here before, but I got my first B on a report card in school bc of a teacher's ignorance and rigid allegiance to an answer key.

7th grade Texas History opened with a 10 question quiz over the first chapter. The first two questions were as follows:

1) The northern hemisphere is between ____ and ____?

2) The southern hemisphere is between ____ and ____?

My answers were north pole/equator and south pole/equator respectively. I got those wrong bc her answer key said equator/north pole and equator/south pole. My mom was fit to be tied. That teacher had "retired" before my sister could have her the next year.
Hopefully she was attractive.

nwlafrog

I've known people from Ohio that went to that. Heard it's a ship show. You should fit right in.

I mean that as a compliment. I'd love to go one day.

I’m expecting it to be a trashy kind of good time and I’m pretty pumped about it. We’ve got an RV, portable shower, grill, and everything else we need for a 3 day vacation. I’m not planning on tearing my ship up out there like other people tend to do.

Good friends, a lot of beers and off-road shenanigans should keep us all entertained.

For the record, I’m not getting [ Finebaum ] faced and riding. I’ll do that at the camp. I’m sure other people will get hammered and start being maniacs, but with that many people it’s just a bad idea and I hope others share that opinion with me.

For some reason my bank flagged the PlayStation Vue autodraft as fraud and my service was cut off. Nevermind that I've been doing this g9ng on 17 straight months but whatever. Got it straightened out and logged on to my Vue account but it said nothing about restoring service...just starting an account like a new customer. I read up on line and several said you lose your cloud DVR. I was a little pissed so I signed up for Sling. Garbage. Going back to Vue tomorrow.