• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Baseball travels to Rice tonight

Ron Swanson

Maybe Jesse James Decker will be there....

jessie-james-decker-bathing-suit-ftr.jpg
Outside of my wife and I, they are arguably the best looking couple on the planet

Moose Stuff

I said it after the 1st series....this is a .500 team this year.

No shame in that after 4 crazy good years....

I agree that this is not an Omaha type team right now but I disagree with your assessment, we’ll see. There is one really good team in the Big 12 (Tech) and maybe one or two that are decent beyond that so .500 would be an absolute disaster. Throw out Tech and there are arguably about 10 teams in the SEC better than anyone in the Big 12.

Right now it’s as simple as the offense is mediocre (which should have been expected) and the pitching is massively underperforming. Lodolo hasn’t been great, Wymer hasn’t been healthy, and amazingly no Tuesday option has emerged. We’re tough to beat with Janczak to start and Feltman to close and that’s about it.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I agree that this is not an Omaha type team right now but I disagree with your assessment, we’ll see. There is one really good team in the Big 12 (Tech) and maybe one or two that are decent beyond that so .500 would be an absolute disaster. Throw out Tech and there are arguably about 10 teams in the SEC better than anyone in the Big 12.

Right now it’s as simple as the offense is mediocre (which should have been expected) and the pitching is massively underperforming. Lodolo hasn’t been great, Wymer hasn’t been healthy, and amazingly no Tuesday option has emerged. We’re tough to beat with Janczak to start and Feltman to close and that’s about it.

I posted this in his first or second start but it doesn't look to me like NL is fooling much of anyone with his velocity. Almost all swings appear to be on-time regardless of pitch-type. Wondering if his velo differential is tight or if he's tipping his pitches early or perhaps hitters have just been "on" against him.

Punter1

You forgot to mention our defense, which is probably more mediocre than our offense. And I doubt we're going to be able to go out hit our mistakes in the field. No matter if our pitching turns around or not.

You're right, looking at the Big 12 there really isn't any one besides Tech and maybe Texas playing better than us.... or has the potential to.

Latest posts