• The KillerFrogs

Bizarre NCAA basketball news

FBallFan123

Apparently there was no recorded phone call.

Who broke the news? ESPN? They better hope there is indeed a recording

This is amazing.

So ESPN not only failed by reporting Arizona had fired Sean Miller when they hadn't.......they may have also botched the initial report about him even being on a wiretap discussing payments to Ayton?

Wow.

Frog-in-law1995

Sean Miller, you’ve just been exonerated following one of the most reckless journalistic endeavors in sports history. What are you gonna do next?

“I’m going to own Disney World!”

XANW3mK.png

FBallFan123

Here's some of the statement from Miller.

Lawyers are free to parse the wording here....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...nscript-sean-millers-address-media/386296002/

I have never knowingly violated NCAA rules while serving as head coach of this great program.

I have never paid a recruit or prospect or their family or representative to come to Arizona.

I never have and I never will.

I have never arranged or directed payment or improper benefits to a recruit or prospect or family or representative and I never will.

Let me be very very clear: I have never discussed with Christian Dawkins paying Deandre Ayton to attend the University of Arizona.

In fact, I never even met or spoke to Christian Dawkins until after Deandre publicly announced he was coming to our school. Any reporting to the contrary is inaccurate, false and defamatory.

Eight

find it interesting there are inferences that kevin ollie's being fired is linked to the fbl probe.

cheating hasn't been a fire able offense at uconn in quite some time or jim calhoun would have been gone quite some time ago. losing however is a different matter an ollie just had the first back-to-back losing season in storrs in over 30 years.

the media can spin this all they want, try to make this tied to the fbl investigation, but does anyone really believe that ollie gets fired if he doesn't have a losing season. calhoun NEVER had consecutive losing seasons and only have 1 in his entire time at uconn.

media needs to stop trying to make this a story and let it play out because history has told us not to expect the ncaa to step in and take action after they got beat in court in the um investigation.