• The KillerFrogs

AGCS East Side Expansion Update - new website and revised renderings

TCUdirtbag

OK, so does anybody know what effect the new tax laws have on the deductibility of some of these gifts? Now that I've got enough income to worry about it, but just curious.

Not certain, but the donations that go with tickets aren't tax deductible. For capital gifts, I think you have to select either tax deductibility or the priority points but not both.

rifram09

This will add about 1664 permanent seats to Amon Carter.

This was what I was curious about. A couple of questions I still have related to this:

Where did you see that? I didn’t see it on the linked website.

What impact does “permenant seat” have on “stadium capacity”? In other words, what was our stadium capacity before and what will it be now?

cdsfrog

Well guess it's good I'm not moving back to Texas.

So $60000 for 4 for the first 5 years ouch!

Currently for the 4 seats I have I pay like 7k over 5 years.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
OK, so does anybody know what effect the new tax laws have on the deductibility of some of these gifts? Now that I've got enough income to worry about it, but just curious.
I have a basic grasp of what they are doing but I'd call the ticket office and have them explain it. It's better than I thought it would be.

Note: I'm not buying club seats. I made a call to check if feasible. Can't make it make sense for just 6 or 7 days a year.

TCUdirtbag

This was what I was curious about. A couple of questions I still have related to this:

Where did you see that? I didn’t see it on the linked website.

What impact does “permenant seat” have on “stadium capacity”? In other words, what was our stadium capacity before and what will it be now?

The renderings show the number of seats per section. Suites 1, 2, 21 and 22 have 12 fixed seats each (48). Suites 3-20 have 16 each (288). Each of the 2 Loge Box areas includes 96 seats (192). The Club includes 5 sections of 160, 1 section of 120 and 2 sections of 60 (1,040). In sum, that’s 1,568.

I’m a little confused by the renderings which show 4 seats in 24 loge boxes and the statements that they will each have 6 seats. So that’s more an estimate than a firm number.

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

The renderings show the number of seats per section. Suites 1, 2, 21 and 22 have 12 fixed seats each (48). Suites 3-20 have 16 each (288). Each of the 2 Loge Box areas includes 96 seats (192). The Club includes 5 sections of 160, 1 section of 120 and 2 sections of 60 (1,040). In sum, that’s 1,568.

I’m a little confused by the renderings which show 4 seats in 24 loge boxes and the statements that they will each have 6 seats. So that’s more an estimate than a firm number.

Four seats in a row then a bar table top with two high top stools behind them in the loge. Six seats.

tcumaniac

If there are really people lining up to pay for this stuff, good for them and good for TCU for taking advantage of it... but man... I just don't get the appeal.

The Loges in particular blow my mind. I just don't comprehend how someone could justify paying $145,500+ over a 5 year period to have access to a tiny little area with 4 work chairs, and 2 little high-top bench seats squeezed behind you way high up on the 5 yard line at best...with most being along the endzone. They're terrible seats that give you access to a buffet of mediocre food and over priced coccktails. How there is demand for a product like this makes absolutely no sense to me.

To each their own. At the very least, the renderings are pretty cool and make our stadium look much more complete IMO.

LeagueCityFrog

If there are really people lining up to pay for this stuff, good for them and good for TCU for taking advantage of it... but man... I just don't get the appeal.

The Loges in particular blow my mind. I just don't comprehend how someone could justify paying $145,500+ over a 5 year period to have access to a tiny little area with 4 work chairs, and 2 little high-top bench seats squeezed behind you way high up on the 5 yard line at best...with most being along the endzone. They're terrible seats that give you access to a buffet of mediocre food and over priced coccktails. How there is demand for a product like this makes absolutely no sense to me.

To each their own. At the very least, the renderings are pretty cool and make our stadium look much more complete IMO.

It is a way to support the school that is not $3 million for 10 years. TCU needs to be ready for 2024 and contributing to projects like this helps. A Hunger Games is coming for the Power 5 schools again soon and TCU wants to be ready. You have to make the investment and show the commitment to be ready when the moment comes. We are showing that we are all in.