• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

There are few things more frustrating about being a homeowner than dealing with contractors who want paid for work they didn't do. This situation is nothing major, but I'm dealing with a contractor who is trying to charge me for about 70 linear feet of drywall and baseboard they didn't remove, 400 square feet of floor they didn't clean as well as a couple of other minor charges. It ends up being about $800 worth of charges. I've got the documentation and the insurance adjuster is on the offensive for me, but it still annoys the hell out of me.

Also, is it common practice that companies charge after hours rates/fees even if they advertise as a 24/7 company with rotating crews that respond at any time? Maybe it was just my time in the oilfield, but if you say you're 24/7 then you're not charging a different rate for work on Saturday morning than you do for work on Friday morning.

Is Randy Cody your contractor?

Flying to Key West Wednesday for Mile Zero Fest...its a new Texas Country music fest they started this year. Never been to Key West so I'm freaking excited.

Any things to absolutely do or avoid??Great places to eat?? Flying directly in so I won't have that 3 hr drive from Miami luckily...

You sure it's new? I know a few people who go to something down there every year with Texas guys.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Flying to Key West Wednesday for Mile Zero Fest...its a new Texas Country music fest they started this year. Never been to Key West so I'm freaking excited.

Any things to absolutely do or avoid??Great places to eat?? Flying directly in so I won't have that 3 hr drive from Miami luckily...
For what it's worth that three hour drive is absolutely awesome. Seven mile bridge is like few other drives I've ever been on.

But, aside from that, be prepared for an island that appears to have a combination of Mexican cruise port and Mardi Gras. There are quite a few clothing optional bars that you run the risk of seeing ship you don't want to see even from the sidewalk.

The Conch Republic is an American treasure. It's also a chaotic mess. I look forward to hearing your views on it.

Purp

The pier at night is a requisite experience. Shopping on Duval St. will be fun for Lady Punter. Hemingway museum is interesting.

Purp

For what it's worth that three hour drive is absolutely awesome. Seven mile bridge is like few other drives I've ever been on.

But, aside from that, be prepared for an island that appears to have a combination of Mexican cruise port and Mardi Gras. There are quite a few clothing optional bars that you run the risk of seeing ship you don't want to see even from the sidewalk.

The Conch Republic is an American treasure. It's also a chaotic mess. I look forward to hearing your views on it.
Cosign. Some of the smaller keys on that drive are fantastic. I actually thought Key West was underwhelming. The rainbow stickers all over businesses there will make you feel like you never left Austin.

Punter1

You sure it's new? I know a few people who go to something down there every year with Texas guys.

This is the 1st year for Mile Zero Fest I was told...there may have been something in the past like it.

And I'm kinda pissed...our boy Casey Donahew won't be there..instead he will be playing 15 mins from my house in San Marcos. Bad luck...

And for your rant on Casey Donahew...couldnt tell if serious....that was a pretty long tirade that almost sounded like entertainment fiction..

This is the 1st year for Mile Zero Fest I was told...there may have been something in the past like it.

And I'm kinda pissed...our boy Casey Donahew won't be there..instead he will be playing 15 mins from my house in San Marcos. Bad luck...

And for your rant on Casey Donahew...couldnt tell if serious....that was a pretty long tirade that almost sounded like entertainment fiction..

Long? It was 8 sentences? That's a damn haiku for Purp. Back when my buddy was more on the scene I got some pretty cool access behind the scenes and got to hear a lot of people talk. Sorry to disappoint your CD hard-on.

For comparison, almost everyone, to a man, agreed Wade Bowen was about as good a dude as you'll find. And I'm not a big fan of his music either, but I respect the hell out of him.

The Colonel

Go in with an open mind and stay away from the Carnival cruise crowd. If you're going with the lady I recommend taking the ferry to dinner on Sunset Key.

Spent many days in the keys, mostly for fishing. Like others have said, the drive down US1 may be my favorite part.

Sounds like a great trip - you'll have a blast.