• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Frogo

For a recent one that seemed to fall under the radar, I highly suggest Atomic Blonde. Same guy that did the John Wick movies did this one I think. I found it very entertaining and stylishly pretty cool. Lots of action, cool fight scenes, plot twists, Cold War spy stuff...good movie.

My son, the film grad, says Charlize didn't use a body/stunt double. That's her in all those fight scenes. Wow!

Eight

My son, the film grad, says Charlize didn't use a body/stunt double. That's her in all those fight scenes. Wow!

agree on atomic blonde and one thing i really liked about the fight scenes is they did not gloss over the fact a highly trained woman giving up 40+ lbs fighting a highly trained man is going to run into some issues at times in regards to strength, mass, etc.....these are not your stereotypical movie fights where a 110 lb woman is kicking the ass of the east german power lifting team and not breaking a sweat let alone a nail

music is also a plus

Frog-in-law1995

agree on atomic blonde and one thing i really liked about the fight scenes is they did not gloss over the fact a highly trained woman giving up 40+ lbs fighting a highly trained man is going to run into some issues at times in regards to strength, mass, etc.....these are not your stereotypical movie fights where a 110 lb woman is kicking the ass of the east german power lifting team and not breaking a sweat let alone a nail

music is also a plus

Watched it on the flight home a few weeks ago and had this same thought. It was a fairly typical beat-em-up, shoot-em-up, but I really liked that they accounted for her obvious disadvantages.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
i hear and read this comment frequently, but is what is happening today really that different that what has happened in the past with governments not completely being honest

one of the truest things i have ever heard is that mankind just seems to recycle history instead of create it

You are correct, as far as it goes. Dishonesty is, alas, not that rare from one administration to the other. What's important to my mind was the attempt to supress a free press, in both cases coming from the highest executive level of our democratic government.

Chongo94

You are correct, as far as it goes. Dishonesty is, alas, not that rare from one administration to the other. What's important to my mind was the attempt to supress a free press, in both cases coming from the highest executive level of our democratic government.

I'm guessing wrong thread maybe?

SuperTFrog

Just watched the Warrior. Very good movie, IMO. Very Rockyesque. I say that as a term of endearment as Rocky (the first) is one of the best sports movies of all time.

Chongo94

Once Upon a Time in the West came on tonight (on now actually)...one of my favorites. Was one of my dad's as well.

The sounds (all of them but especially that windmill in the beginning) and the music in that movie are just amazing.

Last edited:

Frogenstein

And in atypical casting Henry Fonda plays the bad guy, so bad he kills a young boy. Great movie with a lot of great lines in it “You remind me of my mom, she was the biggest Briles in Alameda...”

Chongo94

Saw Black Panther today. Wanted to catch Hostiles but couldn't find a good time so saw this instead. I really liked it, thoroughly entertaining. One of the better comic book superhero movies.

They showed the trailer for Rampage also....still can't believe that's become a movie.

LisaLT

Saw Black Panther today. Wanted to catch Hostiles but couldn't find a good time so saw this instead. I really liked it, thoroughly entertaining. One of the better comic book superhero movies.

They showed the trailer for Rampage also....still can't believe that's become a movie.
Glad to hear Black Panther was entertaining. I’m going tomorrow night with some friends. It’s playing at our local dine-in theater. Nice comfy reclining chairs, dinner and cocktails while u watch. Good deal. :)

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

Wait what? Rampage the video game I played the [ Finebaum ] out of growing up?

Next they'll make a movie based on Moon Patrol, Dig-Dug, and Yars' Revenge.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Wait what? Rampage the video game I played the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of growing up?

Next they'll make a movie based on Moon Patrol, Dig-Dug, and Yars' Revenge.
Holy [ Finebaum ]. THATS what this Rampage movie is? Good lord, they will make anything into a movie. I don’t even have a clue how you write a story around that game.