• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

Bummer. I had it over New Years. It was a beast. I’d recommend this drink - it’s not going to cure you, but def helps.

Squeeze 2 lemons into a mug, grate some fresh ginger, some organic honey and hot water off the kettle. Have a few of those a day. And lots of Aleve
maxresdefault.jpg

Tom Brown

So as nightmares go this was 2/10 but i woke in a sweat this morning just as TCU kicked a FG to go down 21-6 just before half to ... Aggy.

The score wudnt nothin ask UCLA, Stan or Ore, but the fact that i was watching on TV even tho the game was at AGC scared the Briles out of me.

Purp

I have a question for you @tcudoc .

I got an MRI this afternoon. When I looked down at my toes or closed my eyes I felt like the table I was laying on was drifting forward and backward an inch or two in a rhythmic pattern. But when I fixed my eyes on a spot directly above me I could clearly see I was stationary and the sensation went away. Aside from the likelihood that I'm just a weird, what would explain that illusion? Does the MRI machine do something that darns with the brain with all the noise and gyrations it makes?

tcudoc

I have a question for you @tcudoc .

I got an MRI this afternoon. When I looked down at my toes or closed my eyes I felt like the table I was laying on was drifting forward and backward an inch or two in a rhythmic pattern. But when I fixed my eyes on a spot directly above me I could clearly see I was stationary and the sensation went away. Aside from the likelihood that I'm just a weird, what would explain that illusion? Does the MRI machine do something that darns with the brain with all the noise and gyrations it makes?
The table does move in and out, so it is likely that what you felt was real. Perhaps, when you opened your eyes it had already stopped. They take different "cuts" depending on what they are looking for, so, sometimes the table is moving and sometimes it stays stationary as they optimize the settings to get the best pictures. MRI's are very unnerving for some people, especially those who are claustrophobic. Occasionally, we have to provide anesthesia for adults that can't tolerate it. Almost all young kids get anesthesia for MRI's because of their lack of ability to lie still or cooperate.
The whole thing likely just messed with your optics like when you are next to a car at a red light and it is moving forward and makes you feel like you are rolling backwards. MRI, in and of itself, does not cause brain dysfunction or hallucinations, although the overall experience can make people very uncomfortable due to the tight spaces, the loud noises, and the movements.
I hope that helps.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The table does move in and out, so it is likely that what you felt was real. Perhaps, when you opened your eyes it had already stopped. They take different "cuts" depending on what they are looking for, so, sometimes the table is moving and sometimes it stays stationary as they optimize the settings to get the best pictures. MRI's are very unnerving for some people, especially those who are claustrophobic. Occasionally, we have to provide anesthesia for adults that can't tolerate it. Almost all young kids get anesthesia for MRI's because of their lack of ability to lie still or cooperate.
The whole thing likely just messed with your optics like when you are next to a car at a red light and it is moving forward and makes you feel like you are rolling backwards. MRI, in and of itself, does not cause brain dysfunction or hallucinations, although the overall experience can make people very uncomfortable due to the tight spaces, the loud noises, and the movements.
I hope that helps.
On a separate but somewhat related topic can you explain why when they inject the third sue during a CT scan it makes you feel like you are whizzing in your pants? Because the techs sure don't seem to be able to do so. They warn you but thy don't know why. Very odd feeling.

Purp

I hope that helps.
Good to know. I've had 2 MRIs previously and never noticed that motion before. I always just fall asleep and let them awake me up when it's over. Did it today too, I just noticed the movement before dozing off.

Punter1

Saw Casey Donahew At The Aardvark last night. Was a awesome show, played acoustic with just his bass guitar player. Small but fun crowd that knew all the words to his songs. Great time. Casey is awesome. Big-time smart azz. Funny as boat...

I didn't realize it was closing in a week.Very sad losing an awesome 'venue close to campus....

Saw Casey Donahew At The Aardvark last night. Was a awesome show, played acoustic with just his bass guitar player. Small but fun crowd that knew all the words to his songs. Great time. Casey is awesome. Big-time smart azz. Funny as boat...

I didn't realize it was closing in a week.Very sad losing an awesome 'venue close to campus....

Still don't get the fascination with him. Probably the biggest doosh in the scene. Burned many a bridge over the years. Maybe he's grown up over the years. Who knows?

However, I will say that Waiting on You To Kiss Me on his latest record is pretty badass and far and away his best song. It didn't really get the credit it deserved from radio...but that may have something to do with his antics over the years.

nwlafrog

Still don't get the fascination with him. Probably the biggest doosh in the scene. Burned many a bridge over the years. Maybe he's grown up over the years. Who knows?

Sometimes I think that you just throw out hot takes to ruffle some feathers. Your opinions on Whataburger and Casey Donahue are very different from mine.

Edit - I don’t have any personal experience with they guy, I just like his music. You may know something I don’t.

Punter1

However, I will say that Waiting on You To Kiss Me on his latest record is pretty badass and far and away his best song. It didn't really get the credit it deserved from radio...but that may have something to do with his antics over the years.

I'll bite...what antics?? And how did he burn bridges??