• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

Just finished Logan Lucky on the back of some of y'all's comments. Nice. Definitely recommend it. Kind of like a redneck Guy Ritchie film.

Didn't care for Hillary Swank though, her performance dragged it down but still a worthwhile watch overall.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Just finished Logan Lucky on the back of some of y'all's comments. Nice. Definitely recommend it. Kind of like a redneck Guy Ritchie film.

Didn't care for Hillary Swank though, her performance dragged it down but still a worthwhile watch overall.
I watched it on a plane last week. Well, I watched 90 percent of it. Then we landed. I have no idea what happened. I'm going to keep it that way. It's like a movie Mad Lib where I get to write the ending.

I can't believe they all got the Black Plague.

Zubaz

I'm glad they kept it to little more than a cameo.

The scene at the daughters pageant though. Probably the red wine I was drinking but that got me for sure.

Completely agree. I have so many issues with movie theaters but the biggest are:

1. Other people. And their noises. So many noises. Stop squeaking your darning straw already. And eating popcorn shouldn't be louder than a THX theater.

2. No pause button. So I pay a ridiculous amount to watch a movie one time but if I have to take a leak I just have to miss part of it and no way to get it back? Nope. Would rather spend the $20+ to buy it when it comes out.

3. Unless a theater sells adult beverages I'm not going. I can have a drink at home while watching. I should be able to do so at the theater. However this leads us back to issue #2. See above.

4. My couch/chair is more comfortable.

5. I spent hard earned money to be able to watch a movie at home on a big screen with superior sound. Why would I leave the house to pay money to do the same?

My theory is this: movie theaters are for kid movies and action blockbusters that you dont really care about. They are not the place to see the movie you really want to see and/or requires full attention. Some jackwagon will ruin the experience. Guaranteed.

Plus, once you move out of the heavy petting stage of a relationship the movie theater is pretty much useless.

nwlafrog

*WARNING* *POST INCLUDES SPOILERS TO “IT”*

Just watched IT. I’m not afraid of clowns, but I do get freaked out when movies have demons in them. Insidious, The Conjuring, and Paranormal Activity immediately come to mind. IT was pretty freaky because I thought it was about a killer clown and not a demon who shapeshifts into a child’s specific nightmare and sometimes dresses like a clown. Insidious is probably still the scariest ship I’ve ever seen. (I don’t watch a ton of scary movies, though.)

SIAP, I didn’t read the entire thread

Bob

What, no James Bond? Goldfinger gets my vote for a good movie. Oddjob, girls painted in gold, mobsters, and [ muschi ] Galore.

Muschi? You have got to be kidding me.

MAcFroggy

Anybody else here have moviepass? It is greatness. $9.99 a month and you can see as many movies as you want per month (limit one per day). I see so many more movies now that I used to. My wife and will go to studio movie grill during the week and all we have to pay for is the dinner. Sometimes movie theatres can be hassle and less than ideal way to watch a movie but if it is just $10 a month then each movie is pretty cheap.