• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU in need of a breakthrough win to snap rough Big 12 start

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU in need of a breakthrough win to snap rough Big 12 start

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

Perhaps it’s not fair or even technically accurate, but Saturday’s game against the Oklahoma Sooners has all the earmarks of a must-win game for TCU basketball.

Sure, it’s early in conference play, but the No. 16 Horned Frogs (13-3, 1-3 in the Big 12) need a win in the worst way when they meet the No. 9 Sooners (13-2, 3-1) at noon Saturday at Lloyd Noble Center.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article194497154.html

Limey Frog

Let's play some actual basketball during the first two minutes of the game and see whether that helps comes the final buzzer.

Dogfrog

Yea, we need to play consistently for 40 minutes. We have slumped early and slumped late. Both are bad. We need to exhibit how precious every minute is including some floor burns.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
“Must-win”?

No.

Save that overused cliche for Wednesday (which still isn’t a “must-win”)
No doubt. Anyone that said the UT game was a must win shouldn't be saying today's game is a must win. Based on not winning the UT game the season, according to the must winners, is over. Today's game should be a relief. No more stress, right?

Must win is silly this early.

TCUownstheBig12

No doubt. Anyone that said the UT game was a must win shouldn't be saying today's game is a must win. Based on not winning the UT game the season, according to the must winners, is over. Today's game should be a relief. No more stress, right?

Must win is silly this early.

I think you’re just arguing semantics. The only real “must wins” from a literal sense start in the conference tournaments (or if there is a win needed to qualify for it). The term “must win” is actually more like “we really need to win this game otherwise it will be quite difficult to achieve our goals based on what’s ahead of us—and would likely need a few upsets along the way”.

An upset win over OU on the road (which I’m not predicting) will help us reset our chances at the dance...and offset the horrible loss to a short handed UT team.

ftwfrog

I think you’re just arguing semantics. The only real “must wins” from a literal sense start in the conference tournaments (or if there is a win needed to qualify for it). The term “must win” is actually more like “we really need to win this game otherwise it will be quite difficult to achieve our goals based on what’s ahead of us—and would likely need a few upsets along the way”.

An upset win over OU on the road (which I’m not predicting) will help us reset our chances at the dance...and offset the horrible loss to a short handed UT team.
I don’t see the UT loss as horrible. They played great at home. UT is talented and they had emotion on their side. We need to stop pretending that we should win all of these games.